Other Royal and Noble Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: I had thought that they already got married last year, but maybe that was the date of their civil wedding. It's great to see their wedding pics now. Princess Amelie is wearing her family's emerald tiara, as her elder sister Princess Sophie has done before her in 2017.

The Wedding was orginally scheduled for last year but because of Covid they then decided only to have the civil Wedding and postpone the religious Wedding. It took place exact one year after the originally planned date.
There will be one Wedding more as the bride's brother Hereditary Prince Ludwig has recently become engaged to Helene von Petzold.

One of the most prestigious tiara worn before by Princess Sophie in 2017 for her Wedding with Count Constantin Fugger.
The German Royals have great tiaras ( Wied tiara)

Last edited:
The Wedding was orginally scheduled for last year but because of Covid they then decided only to have the civil Wedding and postpone the religious Wedding. It took place exact one year after the originally planned date.
There will be one Wedding more as the bride's brother Hereditary Prince Ludwig has recently become engaged to Helene von Petzold.
Thank you for the information about the wedding date. And yes, I too am looking forward to her brother's wedding. I think that the emerald tiara will again be worn by Helene von Petzold, but maybe there's still a tiara in her family.

I like the fact that Princess Amelie's bridal bouquet was of white roses and pink peonies. It is nice to see a bouquet does not always have to be all white.

2 pics i took in Wertheim yesterday https://www.instagram.com/p/CeJEsMeNALW/

It was a wonderful Wedding. The guests arrived on food at the Stiftskirche in Wertheim where the Ceremony took place. After the Ceremony the bridal Couple and all the guest followed by a local Music Chapel walked through the oldtown of Wertheim to the shop dock where the bridal Couple entered an Car and all the guests a Ship which brought them on the other side of the Main to Kreuzwertheim where a reception in the Castle Garden took place.

Here you can see the pics i took of the guests https://photos.app.goo.gl/tuNZReZp9S6hT3VV6

Last edited by a moderator:
Really want to see her gown without the jacket. The jacket seems not well fitted but I like the skirt and fabric.

The German Royals have great tiaras ( Wied tiara)

Exactly. Most of my favourite bridal tiaras are from the German nobles.:D

I like the bright blue shade of Princess Angelina of Prussia's dress. Bright colors are cheerful.

Really want to see her gown without the jacket. The jacket seems not well fitted but I like the skirt and fabric.

Exactly. Most of my favourite bridal tiaras are from the German nobles.:D

Came across these when I tried a few searches on this couple.
Google found this even though its behind a paywall (searched the names of photographers):
https://www.google.com/search?q=Pet...gQIABAr&biw=1630&bih=872#imgrc=IL1UTocgf36NrM

And this:https://www.instagram.com/p/CeRqaSJI85J/?hl=en

The picture of the children of honor, Olympia and Guy de Dampierre is absolutely precious.

I feel that she wore her mother’s wedding dress because it’s similar?

What a good eye! You may be right, the dress looks simular indeed:
Mariées du Gotha : Fiammetta de Frescobaldi, princesse d’Arenberg – Noblesse & Royautés

The wedding was certainly attended by a large royal gathering. Nice to see Prince Ludwig of bavaria and his fiancée there too. The brides grandmother Pss Sophie is a princess of the house of Bavaria of course and the youngest sister of Ludwigs late grandmother Pss Irmingard. I did not see a photo of the Princess at this wedding though.

Last edited:
I could only find two, Olympia born in 2018 and Guy, born in 2020.

Lady Edwina Grosvenor and Dan Snow - November 27, 2010

Lady Edwina Grosvenor is the daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Westminster, Gerald and Natalia Grosvenor.
Dan (Daniel) Snow is a television presenter and historian.
Edwina and Dan married in a private ceremony in Liverpool on November 27, 2010.
http://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/c4/24/eac424667fc0924baebba1ea269a75ac.jpg

On June 3th, Prince Amaury and his fiancée Duchess Pélagie of Mac Mahon of Magenta were civilly married at the town hall in the city of Sully, France. Amaury's parents, Prince Charles-Emmanuel and Princess Constance, as well as his sisters, Princesses Charlotte, Elisabeth and Zita also attended.

Prince Amaury's best man was his father, Prince Charles-Emmanuel, while Pélagie's best man was her mother Amélie, Dowager Duchess of Magenta.

Source/Photos: Le Journal

Last edited:
The Wedding of Doña Sol María de la Blanca de Medina y Orléans-Braganza, Countess of Ampurias and Pedro Domínguez-Majón took place at the Church of San Esteban in Seville on June 3rd.
The bride wore the Medinaceli Ducal Coronet and guests included the Duke and Duchess of Segorbe ,Prince Peter and Prince Alexander of Serbia, Princess Maria Laura of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este.
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2023/06/03/wedding-of-the-countess-of-ampurias/

What a good eye! You may be right, the dress looks simular indeed:
Mariées du Gotha : Fiammetta de Frescobaldi, princesse d’Arenberg – Noblesse & Royautés

The wedding was certainly attended by a large royal gathering. Nice to see Prince Ludwig of bavaria and his fiancée there too. The brides grandmother Pss Sophie is a princess of the house of Bavaria of course and the youngest sister of Ludwigs late grandmother Pss Irmingard. I did not see a photo of the Princess at this wedding though.
Princess Natasha, daughter of Leopold-Engelbert, the Head of the family was there.

:previous: Peregrine, Marquess of Hartington looks extremely young. How old was he on the wedding day?

The Marquess was 23 on his wedding day. He was born in April 1944. It’s very young, for a male especially, by today’s standards, but not so much in the 1960s.

Prince Amaury of Bourbon-Parma and Pélagie de Mac Mahon: July 8, 2023

The Château de Sully, stronghold of the Dukes of Magenta, was celebrating this Saturday, July 8, 2023. Prince Amaury de Bourbon-Parme, descendant of the sovereigns of Parma, themselves descendants of the kings of France, married Pélagie de Mac Mahon, sister of the Duke of Magenta and descendant of French President Patrice de Mac Mahon, at Autun Cathedral. Princes and princesses, members of the Capetian dynasty and the nobility of the Empire attended this sumptuous wedding in Burgundy.
https://histoiresroyales.fr/mariage...167exDL_ru0RaGUMjk9RAqm7RvXcguFSHrA2apP15BmdA

Civil ceremony:
https://www.lejsl.com/carnet-du-jou...bon-prince-de-parme-sous-le-signe-de-l-ecosse

Last edited:
Prince Amaury of Bourbon Parma married Pélagie Mac Mahon, sister of the 5th Duke of Magenta. The religious wedding too place in Autun. The festivities afterwards were held in Chateau de Sully, the family seat of the Mac Mahon family.

Nice to see the Duke of Parma and his wife Dss Annemarie also attended. Other guests: the Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe and wife, the heir of the Murat family, Prince Jean of Luxembourg and wife, Archduke Carl-Christiana nd Pss Marie-Astrid, Archduke Alexander and fiancée Natacha, the duke and duchess of Calabria and the duke and (pregnant) duchess Noto, Prince Johann Wenzel of Liechtenstein and wife Felicitas, two of his sisters, Prince Charles Henri Lobcovicz -son of Pss Françoise of Parma, and the heir of the Croÿ family.

https://histoiresroyales.fr/mariage...ac-mahon-invites-royaux-chateau-sully-photos/

Last edited:
That's quite a veil... But why was her tiara positioned slightly off to the side (especially visible because of her hair that was split in the middle)?

There were lots of royal and noble guests. Great to see that the 'chef of the house of Bourbon-Parma' was present together with his wife. The groom is a second cousin once removed. Other second cousins once removed (via prince Felix, husband of grand duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg) that were present were Archduchess Marie-Astrid of Austria and Prince Jean of Luxembourg). Marie-Astrid's son Alexander used the opportunity to introduce his future wife Natacha. The bride and groom themselves are third cousins once removed.

Any Romanian family members present? The groom's father is a cousin of the 5 Romanian princesses. Did anyone see prince Henri (cousin of the groom) and princess/archduchess Gabriella (her parents and brother were pictured)?

Last edited:
That's quite a veil... But why was her tiara positioned slightly off to the side (especially visible because of her hair that was split in the middle)?

There were lots of royal and noble guests. Great to see that the 'chef of the house of Bourbon-Parma' was present together with his wife. The groom is a second cousin once removed. Other second cousins once removed (via prince Felix, husband of grand duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg) that were present were Archduchess Marie-Astrid of Austria and Prince Jean of Luxembourg). Marie-Astrid's son Alexander used the opportunity to introduce his future wife Natacha. The bride and groom themselves are third cousins once removed.

Any Romanian family members present? The groom's father is a cousin of the 5 Romanian princesses. Did anyone see prince Henri (cousin of the groom) and princess/archduchess Gabriella (her parents and brother were pictured)?
The Spanish Two Sicilies branch were there, Pedro and Jaime too.

Back
Top Bottom