Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family Picture Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The court shared a lovely photo of October 1982 today:

** Pic **

The court shared a nice old photo with Grand Duchess Charlotte today:

** Pic **

A lot of pictures in Royal Musings Marlene Koening's thread.
Thanks to Marlene MO

It looks like it echos one of their old family photo, lovely idea. But seems that Claire didn't get the memo.

:previous: I don't think they would use a photo from 2018 fir the 2020 New Years post. It seems simply that MT is wearing the same top.

Nice casual photo but be nice if MT and Claire were as casual as the others.

I do wonder why they don't include the grandkids.

:previous: I agree. I think it's an old photo (new to us). HGD Guillaume has a beard and GD Maria Teresa's hair was a little darker in 2019. It's still wonderful the GDF shared the photo.

I do wonder why they don't include the grandkids.

I would personally prefer seeing the Grand Duke include his siblings, especially in regard to official events. His grandchildren are "only" Princess and Princes of Nassau, are not members of the Grand-Ducal House, and are essentially private citizens, whereas his siblings are Princesses and Princes of Luxembourg and belong to the Grand-Ducal House, the same as Henri's own children (and of course the child anticipated to be born to the Hereditary Grand-Ducal couple in May).

:previous: I agree. I think it's an old photo (new to us). HGD Guillaume has a beard and GD Maria Teresa's hair was a little darker in 2019. It's still wonderful the GDF shared the photo.

And Sebastien does not yet have his beard!

Regarding the grandchildren; the straight-forward reason might be that Gabriel and Noah were not with Louis and they most probably only want to include the grandchildren if all of them are present.

Last edited:
I would personally prefer seeing the Grand Duke include his siblings, especially in regard to official events. His grandchildren are "only" Princess and Princes of Nassau, are not members of the Grand-Ducal House, and are essentially private citizens, whereas his siblings are Princesses and Princes of Luxembourg and belong to the Grand-Ducal House, the same as Henri's own children (and of course the child anticipated to be born to the Hereditary Grand-Ducal couple in May).

I also think that Grand Duke Henri's brothers should attend more Grand Ducal Family events. It would be good if the brothers and sisters of Grand Duke Henri were present at the closing of Octave and the events of Luxembourg National Day.

That is definitely not a recent family photo. Stephanie's hair had not been cut and she is not noticeably pregnant as she has been recently. Guillaume shaved off his beard quite a while ago.:whistling:

It's a shame that the photo the GDF released was an old one. It would've been nice to see a newer one with the grandchildren too.

It's a shame that the photo the GDF released was an old one. It would've been nice to see a newer one with the grandchildren too.

I assume they would have released a more recent one had they taken one last summer (or any other time of the year).

No recent Picture of the whole Grand Ducal since then ....

I also think that Grand Duke Henri's brothers should attend more Grand Ducal Family events. It would be good if the brothers and sisters of Grand Duke Henri were present at the closing of Octave and the events of Luxembourg National Day.
At last Prince Guillaume and Prticness Sibilla and their children who are in line of succession.

The family was never too gether since then.
The non attending of the Grand Duchess at the Comte de Lannoy Funerals , prefering going to an Event with Stephane Bern and Madame Macron in Paris.
The non attending of Prince Louis Boys made the Prince Felix girls may not be seen on the Castle of Berg Picture .
The Hed Grand Dukes stay away from the Court during months.
I hope with the birth of the future Child the whole family will be there and hey will release endly pictures of Children and Grand Children.

I think the family is even united. At least the sons of the Grand Dukes seem to be close.
If there is any withdrawal in the family, it will never be known.
It is strange that Grand Duke Henri's brothers do not appear in official acts, at least on National Day they could appear.

I wonder if they just feel (in part maybe for a small country) the Grand Duke & Grand Duchess, their 5 children and 2 daughters in law are enough to represent the country without the need for more. They seem to turn up for any family events so I think its clear they are welcome.

I don't think there is a problem in the family at all, how many families manage to all meet up together regularly especially when they live in different countries.

Compared to their Belgian cousins the Grand Ducal Family are the Waltons!

Well, at least that solves the issue of them not having been together for a long time and not being able to release a recent family picture :D

I wonder whether Louis, Alexandra and Sebastien brought any 'significant others' to this family vacation in Switzerland. One of them might have taken the picture :) It's surely not a professional photographer - as Guillaume is hardly visible.

I hope Hereditary Grand Duchess will not ski - it's too risky in her condition.

It's almost like they read the comments on here lol. A lovely photo and I guess this is where they have spent at least some of the Christmas holidays?

It's a family photo not an official event. It's like saying Elizabeth should include her cousins in family photos, but exclude Anne and Edwards kids as they are not HRH. Private citizens or not, Louis and Felix kids are the grandkids of Henri and MT and this us a Family portrait not a royal house portrait.

It looks like Louis brought his new lady friend...:whistling:

A lovely family photo! Cute to see the dog was included in the picture, too.

I hope Hereditary Grand Duchess will not ski - it's too risky in her condition.

Don’t worry, I’ll bet 30 people would physically stop her if she even hinted at it.

Back
Top Bottom