Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, Current Events 2: April 2005 - February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Duchess Maria

Hey Yall,

Did anybody notice that Maria has worn that same outfit, now it looks like she has worn it for the second time now. That gray two piece with some black lace trim on it. It looks nice but I'm just wondering do she know that she has already worn that same outfit already in public.?:D

la francaise said:
Hey Yall,

Did anybody notice that Maria has worn that same outfit, now it looks like she has worn it for the second time now. That gray two piece with some black lace trim on it. It looks nice but I'm just wondering do she know that she has already worn that same outfit already in public.?:D

I'm sure she does....she's worn a few outfits twice now that I've seen- her turquoise suit from Felipe & Letizia's wedding was worn at Guillaume's swearing-in ceremony for the State Council, and I know she's worn the Elie Saab dress from the Danish wedding more than once.

reply to grand duchess maria

If I was her I would feel a little embarrassed to be wearing the same outfits over and over again, knowing that everyone in the world knows that I have money because that was one of the reasons why Grand Duke Jean allowed his son Henri to marry her.

Simply saying,:D "If people know I have money why wouldn't I buy or have clothes made for me originally to wear, especially if I am going to be seen out in public and having my pictures taken."

I still like her though, regardless !!!!!:)

well, the idea that she "recycles" her clothes simply shows, imo, that she's one of the ppl and that she and her family lead "normal" lives, just as normal ppl do- the common touch theory/idealism. i think it's good to see royals recycle clothing, perhaps it's the reason they have money, the fact that they don't go out and buy a new outfit for every single occasion. it allows ppl to relate to them more.

suturegeisha said:
I'm sure she does....she's worn a few outfits twice now that I've seen- her turquoise suit from Felipe & Letizia's wedding was worn at Guillaume's swearing-in ceremony for the State Council, and I know she's worn the Elie Saab dress from the Danish wedding more than once.

Sure posting like crazy today... the turquioise thing has appeared also on the national day last year, there was a photospecial in the old faithfull Point de Vue. She apparently likes it, even though I find the cut of the whole thing weird. But the colour works for her.

-L :)

i think loadz of royals wear the same outfit more than once but they modify it a bit

Hi, stumbled across these pics on cover.es. I don't believe I'd seen them before here so just though I'd share.

However, If I'm wrong and they were indeed posted, please feel free to take them down.

1) GD Henri, GD Maria Theresa, GD Jean and HGD Guillaume at the INAUGURATION OF THE AUDIENCE GREAT DUCHESS JOSEPHINE CHARLOTTE (Babelfish translation) on June 26th

2) Visit of the German president on June 27th.

Attachments

• CA81M55A.jpg
    CA81M55A.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 334
  • CATCFAN3.jpg
    CATCFAN3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 348

simplicity8318 said:
Hi, stumbled across these pics on cover.es. I don't believe I'd seen them before here so just though I'd share.

However, If I'm wrong and they were indeed posted, please feel free to take them down.

1) GD Henri, GD Maria Theresa, GD Jean and HGD Guillaume at the INAUGURATION OF THE AUDIENCE GREAT DUCHESS JOSEPHINE CHARLOTTE (Babelfish translation) on June 26th

2) Visit of the German president on June 27th.

:D I'm glad you posted those pictures because I never saw them myself before. I saw some photos that were those, only from anohter angle though. They look good.:)

uve got biography channel here inholland we have very plain channels.

Visit of the German president Horst Köhler in Luxembourg on 27th June 2005

Source of pics: seegerpress

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00142672.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00142672.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 280
  • pre-SEEGER00142679.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00142679.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 339
  • pre-SEEGER00142678.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00142678.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 335
  • pre-SEEGER00142677.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00142677.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 256
  • pre-SEEGER00142675.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00142675.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 246
  • pre-SEEGER00142674.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00142674.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 214
  • pre-SEEGER00142673.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00142673.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 267
  • pre-SEEGER00142646.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00142646.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 291
  • pre-SEEGER00142643.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00142643.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 199
  • pre-SEEGER00142642.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00142642.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
more pics of the event

Source of pics: seegerpress

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00142680.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00142680.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 191
  • pre-SEEGER00142733.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00142733.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Thanks for the photos, pasiphe. I really like the tan skirt/sweater combo MT is wearing in some of them.:)

MT is looking very slim these days. very lovely

Ore there any pictures of the hole family together?? Prince Henri with Maria Theresa and the 5 children??

dianafan said:
Ore there any pictures of the hole family together?? Prince Henri with Maria Theresa and the 5 children??
Yes there are many...the most recent would have to be the ones taken for Henri's 50th birthday i think...it's somewhere in one of the old threads...:)

The 50th bday, xmas 2004 and 2003, Olympics, the 49th bday, the 2 or 3 trips they made to Rome in the past five years, any year at their summer home in France, and Henri's swearing in are the ones I can think of from the past five years.

Were any members of the Grand Ducal Family (such as Grand Duke Jean, Grand Duke Henri or his sisters) present at the funeral of the Prince de Ligne? I have not seen any photographs of the funeral, so I am guessing that it was a private affair.

bct88 said:
Were any members of the Grand Ducal Family (such as Grand Duke Jean, Grand Duke Henri or his sisters) present at the funeral of the Prince de Ligne? I have not seen any photographs of the funeral, so I am guessing that it was a private affair.

On the Benelux MB, they said the funeral was going to be held at Beloeil, the Ligne family's home in Belgium, so I'm assuming that it was quite private. I would also guess that at least Henri and MT went, since it is after all Henri's uncle. Prince Antoine was present at Josephine-Charlotte's funeral.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to tell you there is pictures of the Luxembourg royal family in Royals of august.

There is no new pics really but there is one in black and white of Henri and his sons I haven't seen already. I'll try to scan it this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom