Leah Isadora's Baptism

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I just say that with all the pink; Haakon and Harald's ties should not be that red.

And I like Mette-Marit's hats. At least you can see her, unlike the times when she goes very far in the other direction.

Marius looks so cute in his bunad.

And Maud Angelica looks a bit miffed in the picture with the entire family. But she's looking more and more like Märtha Louise every day.

Larzen said:
No outragous hats in sights so far, but we still dont now what Mette-Marit is wearing;) Märtha Looks beautiful and I love how she dressed Maud Angelica (not in pink:D )

Maud Angelica's shoes are partly pink... But I get what you're saying. Yellow works just as well as pink.

Ingrid shows us the function of MM´s weird hats: They are great toys :p
The pictures are from VG

Attachments

• Ia1.jpg
    Ia1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 541
  • IA2.jpg
    IA2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 566
carlota said:
i actually liked it... but that obsessive use of pink is just too much :) mette marit and ingrid both in pink...

I totally agree why does Ingrid Alexandra ALWAYS have to wear pink??? Maud Angelica seems to be wearing different colours every time. Mette Marit seems so conservative sometimes when it comes to what IA wears.

bolla said:
I totally agree why does Ingrid Alexandra ALWAYS have to wear pink??? Maud Angelica seems to be wearing different colours every time. Mette Marit seems so conservative sometimes when it comes to what IA wears.

Well, I think MM has the feeling, that she has to try extra hard (because of her "wild" past). This shows in many areas...so also in dressing her daughter.

Im sure Märtha threw the Starwars line just as a joke like she does ever so often but now that is all the press writes about:D

More from www.vg.no

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,665
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 528
  • 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 540
Thanks everyone for all the pictures and comments.

why some of the commentators are so bothered by the sight of pink? Pink color has been in fashion for at least two years, already, ladys. I mean....at least in Scandinavia...

What a warm and intimate christening.

The "Oscar" goes to the decorations (specialy of the Baptismal Sink) and the atmosphere created with the children playing (specialy Maud in that pictures where she seems to pic a flower from the sink) and the way their mothers handle them - so sweet.
The Award "So-and-So" goes to the different shades of pink chosen by Royal Family women (IA included).
The Award "Remove-This-From-Photo" goes to Ari's beard, Ari's mother outfit and to the way Ari's holds Leah (she seems to be falling in any minute in most pictures).
The award "I-wish-to-know-what-to-say" goes to Laurentien's outfit and hat.

mtbcm said:
What a warm and intimate christening.

The "Oscar" goes to the decorations (specialy of the Baptismal Sink) and the atmosphere created with the children playing (specialy Maud in that pictures where she seems to pic a flower from the sink) and the way their mothers handle them - so sweet.
The Award "So-and-So" goes to the different shades of pink chosen by Royal Family women (IA included).
The Award "Remove-This-From-Photo" goes to Ari's beard, Ari's mother outfit and to the way Ari's holds Leah (she seems to be falling in any minute in most pictures).
The award "I-wish-to-know-what-to-say" goes to Laurentien's outfit and hat.

:D QUITE FUNNY :)

i agree... leah seems to be about to fall!! (offtopic: i just saw in the big official photo she has lovely blue eyes like her mummy and her sister maud...

1. Märtha Louise
2. Decoration
3. Marianne Ulrichsen, Märtha Louise's maid of honour, with her son
4. Gift
Scanpix pictures from www.aftenposten.no
5 . A close-up of Marianne Ulrichsen with her son from www.vg.no

Attachments

• 294697g Scanpix.jpg
    294697g Scanpix.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 381
  • 294694g Scanpix.JPG
    294694g Scanpix.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 316
  • 294699g Scanpix.JPG
    294699g Scanpix.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 413
  • 294696g Scanpix.JPG
    294696g Scanpix.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 424
  • 1118922383.40111.jpg
    1118922383.40111.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 355
OK, so I may be the odd one out here, but I like both the soft pink tones and MM' "weird" hats. At IA's christening, at LI's christening they are, for me, like an (!) exclamation point of happiness for the occasion. Just my two cents.

Norwegian royals christen Leah Isadora Thursday, 16 June 2005 Princess Martha Louise of Norway and her husband Ari Behn celebrated a landmark day in the life of their second little girl Leah Isadorah when the two-month-old was baptised at the Royal Palace chapel on Thursday.

Martha Louise, dressed in pink, held the couple's elder daughter, Maud Angelica, while dad Ari cradled little Leah in his arms as the family arrived. It was Queen Sonja, however, who took the infant in her arms at the altar as the christening took place.

Martha Louise recently explained the origins of her little girl's unusual name - her second moniker was inspired by Isadora Duncan and as far as the baby's first name is concerned, she quipped: "I've always been a big fan of Star Wars - Princess Leia has always been the most beautiful in the whole world!"

Leah Isadora, King Harald and Queen Sonja's third grandchild, is fifth in line to the throne.

16 JUNE 2005 Hello Magazine

Last edited by a moderator:
Larzen said:
1-3 and 5 Märtha and her family

4 Pia Haraldsen, not as sl***y as last time but still not exactly elegant for a church service

6-9 the christening

Who is Pia Haraldsen ?

norwegianne said:
The daughter of Queen Sonja's nephew's wife, or something like that.
She also went out with Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg for a short (??) period of time.

And she seems to work for the norwegian cosmopolitan and for a TV-show called "Shopaholic". So one could say, she´s Sven O´s forerunner or member of the group "living good in the slipstream of my Royal relative or my Royal friend".
I must say, I was quite surprised, that a grade of relation to Sonja is practically not existent...so far I´ve always thought, she´s the (first grade) cousin of Haakon and Märtha Louise :confused:

The conection is even weaker, she is the stepdaughter of Queen Sonjas nephew Kai Otto Haraldsen, when her mother Jasmin married Kai Otto Haraldsen, Pia was from another relationship.
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=4100295

I dont know if Kai Otto Haraldsen has adopted her since her name is Haraldsen now. However there is AFAIK no blood relation to Queen Sonja.

Märhtas good friend who she has been on tour with Oslo Gospel Choir, Sigvard Dagsland sang the psalm "Kjærlighet fra Gud" - "Love from God" That was Sonjas mother Dagny Haraldsens favourite psalm, nice gesture I think.

Märtha and Ari had written a prayer to their daughter together with the bishop that Märtha read during the service. I want attempt a translation as Im afraid that would sound exceptionally silly:cool:

Here it is in Norwegian atleast
Herre; la oss vandre i tro og tillit
og se livet folde seg ut
slik Du viser oss det
der enhver dag er evig.
La oss virke ut fra kjærlighet,
Såkornet som gir liv
Såkornet som er hellig
Herre,
La oss vandre i tro og tillit
Herre, la oss gå veien sammen,
hver i vårt eget spor.
La hjertene våre slå i samklang,
hvert med sin egen tone.
La oss lytte til essensen av oss selv,
Som er det virkelig Jeg
Som er Deg
Herre,
La oss gå veien sammen

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article408007.ece

Good Morning,

Don't get me wrong Emily I enjoy the pink tones I just found quite boring that they All dressed in same tone. And I definetly loved MM headpiece! More than I loved the Queen's hat...

My Oscar still goes to mothers with their babies (I haven't seen Marianne Ulrichsen photo before but it just reinforce my "award").

A Nice Day to You ALL!

Larzen said:
The conection is even weaker, she is the stepdaughter of Queen Sonjas nephew Kai Otto Haraldsen, when her mother Jasmin married Kai Otto Haraldsen, Pia was from another relationship.
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=4100295

I dont know if Kai Otto Haraldsen has adopted her since her name is Haraldsen now. However there is AFAIK no blood relation to Queen Sonja.

Märhtas good friend who she has been on tour with Oslo Gospel Choir, Sigvard Dagsland sang the psalm "Kjærlighet fra Gud" - "Love from God" That was Sonjas mother Dagny Haraldsens favourite psalm, nice gesture I think.

Märtha and Ari had written a prayer to their daughter together with the bishop that Märtha read during the service. I want attempt a translation as Im afraid that would sound exceptionally silly:cool:

Here it is in Norwegian atleast

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article408007.ece
That's nice that Leah's great-grandmother is part of the ceremony too, even if only through her favourite psalm. I love couples that add their own personal touch to things and it's so lovely that Ari and Märtha wrote a prayer for their daughter especially for this occasion. :)

A fun article from the christening

I've translated this article from www.nettavisen.no Side 2. I found it quite amusing as the journalist has interviewed two teenage girls who was on the Palace court yard watching people come out from the christening. Writing in red = comments from me.

”That pink tie was cool”
Royal get-togethers is a study of good and bad taste. Leah Isadoras christening was no exeption. Look at the photos and the fashion-sentences.

Synnøve Hoff Fjeldstad (15) and Monica Ormerud (15) had taken the trip from Buskerud county to look at the celebreties flowing onto the Place court yard after the royal christening. “Märtha is probably really nice” says Synnøve and asks Monica if she remembers the pink dress the princess wore last time. The girls waited patiently for almost 3 hours with hopes of photos of the royals and the celebreties. “He is stilish. That pink tie was cool” the girls say about movie maker Harald Zwart.

Boisterous Marius
The only thing that shortened the waiting was the Crown Princess’ son Marius. Time after time he poped up in one of the upper windows of the Palace. He amused himself greately while he threw balloons (I assume they were filled with water), paper aeroplanes and shouted to the spectators. “What a ill-manered kid” Monica says and shake her head. Finaly they came in a row. Known and unknown. With or without bunads. And with small and large hats.

What a hat!
“Geeze, what a hat!“ the girls exclaim when a lady with a big green hat passes (I wonder who that might be?!?). They think it is nice that so many wears a bunad and imediately chooses the Nordland bunad as the winner. “It was the first time we got to see them so close” the girls says satisfied while they stroll off the Palace court yard and leaf eagerly through the photos on their digital cameras.

By. Elisabeth Norheim (http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/mote/article408148.ece) - you can see the photos mentioned above on the link.
Translated by me.

Last edited:
:D What an funny article! Thanks for translating it, KikkiB.
I knew, that there´s a little rascal "in" Marius :D I wonder, what he shouted at the people...

carlota said:
:D QUITE FUNNY :)

i agree... leah seems to be about to fall!! (offtopic: i just saw in the big official photo she has lovely blue eyes like her mummy and her sister maud...

The Babies - Maud and Leah are lovely. Just like their mother. They look so much Martha that I made this. :eek:

(Offtopic :rolleyes: : Martha didn't seem to have much hair either when she was young)

Regards.

Attachments

• norway babies.JPG
    norway babies.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 473
The only thing that shortened the waiting was the Crown Princess’ son Marius. Time after time he poped up in one of the upper windows of the Palace. He amused himself greately while he threw balloons (I assume they were filled with water), paper aeroplanes and shouted to the spectators. “What a ill-manered kid” Monica says and shake her head.

:shakes head from side to side...:

wasn't there anybody to tell marius he can't do that? that's absolutely silly and really unrespectful... he is not a prince, but the princess' son and as such he should behave a little bit better in my opinion.

KANSAS NEWSPAPER ARTICLES
http://ap.morningsun.net/pstories/world/europe/20050616/3103988.shtml

Norwegian Princess Martha's daughter Leah baptized at palace chapel; has no royal title

The Associated Press
OSLO, Norway — The youngest member of Norway's royal family, named Leah in part after the "Star Wars" movie princess, was baptized Thursday at a palace chapel.

Princess Martha Louise and writer Ari Behn's second child, Leah Isadora Behn, was born April 8 and is fifth in line for the Norwegian throne, although she has no royal title.

Martha Louise, 33, told the state radio network NRK that the name Leah was partly inspired by the fictional Princess Leia of the "Star Wars" films.

"I must admit that I have always been a big Star Wars fan, and Princess Leia has always been the world's most beautiful," said the Norwegian princess.

Martha Louise said they picked the name Isadora due to her husband's fascination with the life and death of American dancer Isadora Duncan, who died in a 1927 car accident. She said they decided to spell the first name Leah because they had often seen it and liked it during his travels in the Middle East.

The child was carried to the baptismal altar by her grandmother Queen Sonja, the wife of King Harald V. Her godparents include Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands. The couple's first child, Maud Angelica, is 2.

Even though Martha Louise is the king's oldest child, her brother Crown Prince Haakon is first in line for the throne because the constitution did not allow female monarchs. That has since been amended.

carlota said:

wasn't there anybody to tell marius he can't do that? that's absolutely silly and really unrespectful... he is not a prince, but the princess' son and as such he should behave a little bit better in my opinion.

He's just a child. Maybe he should behave a little better but he should also behave as any child would, and that does mean naughty sometimes. :)

carlota said:

he is not a prince, but the princess' son and as such he should behave a little bit better in my opinion.

So, do you mean that it would be okay for a boy prince to throw water balloons out the window but not okay for Marius since he is just Mette-Marit's son and not royal in any way?

lashinka2002 said:
He's just a child. Maybe he should behave a little better but he should also behave as any child would, and that does mean naughty sometimes. :)

I agree lashinka2002. Marius, despite his mom's title and rank in Norway, and despite where he lives, is still a young boy and young boys (and girls, too!) do naughty things sometimes. It's part of growing up. Better to hear that it was Marius throwing water balloons out the window than to read that it was the King or Haakon or Ari! :p

Alexandria said:
I agree lashinka2002. Marius, despite his mom's title and rank in Norway, and despite where he lives, is still a young boy and young boys (and girls, too!) do naughty things sometimes. It's part of growing up. Better to hear that it was Marius throwing water balloons out the window than to read that it was the King or Haakon or Ari! :p

Ha ha! Now would'nt that be something! :D

Back
Top Bottom