Lady Jane Fellowes (née Spencer) and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question Concerning Diana's Nieces

I was working on my Diana website and I noticed that Jane had another child listed. Does she have a daughter named Theresa Elaine Fellowes Born in December 1992?

I was working on my Diana website and I noticed that Jane had another child listed. Does she have a daughter named Theresa Elaine Fellowes Born in December 1992?

Lady Jane Fellowes has 3 children.
The Honourable Laura Jane Fellowes (born 19 July 1980)
The Honourable Alexander Robert Fellowes (born 23 March 1983)
The Honourable Eleanor Ruth Fellowes (born 20 August 1985)

Theresa Elaine is listed on Robert Fellowes, wikipedia page but she is not listed on Janes.

Was Sir Robert Fellowes married before he married Lady Jane?:);):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was Sir Robert Fellowes married before he married Lady Jane?:);):)

Theresa Elaine was apparently born in 1992. So after his other children, and he hasn't divorced his wife.

I've checked it right now, and Wikipedia page on Robert Fellowes, Baron Fellowes, lists only three children, Laura, Alexander and Eleanor, who are his actual children with Jane.

I wouldn't care too much of misterious unknown children listed in Wikipedia, it is very easy to invent and add them there...

I believe that he did. He attended a Fellowes wedding last year, but there are very few photos of the event. I remember seeing a couple of grainy shots of him and Kate taken inside the church.

:previous:
Did Prince William attend Laura's wedding? :)

According to Wikipedia, his maternal grandfather was also paternal grandfather of Sarah, Duchess of York. I guess they were first cousins then, as it seems Robert's mother, Jane (not to be confused with his wife) was Major Ron's sister.

Lord Fellowes' mother was not Major Ron's sister. She was his aunt.

Jane Charlotte Ferguson was the youngest daughter of Brigadier General Algernon Francis Holford Ferguson and his wife, the Hon. Margaret Brand. She was born in 1912.

Jane's older brother was Colonel Andrew Henry Ferguson, who was born in 1899. Colonel Andrew and his wife, Marian Louisa Montagu-Douglas-Scott were the parents of Major Ronald Ferguson. Major Ron was born in 1931.

Jane Ferguson married Sir William Albemarle Fellowes in 1934. Robert, Lord Fellowes, was their third child and was born in 1941. So Lord Fellowes is the first cousin of Major Ronald Ferguson, and the first cousin 1x removed of Sarah, Duchess of York. Robert's maternal grandfather is Sarah's paternal great grandfather.

Last edited:
From the picture just posted in the W&C wedding thread by mia_mae, Laura Fellowes looks heavily pregnant.

From the picture just posted in the W&C wedding thread by mia_mae, Laura Fellowes looks heavily pregnant.

If she is then it must be a joyous occasion for the family. Jane must be excited on being an expecting grandma.

A long time ago, I read that Lady Jane was a bridesmaid at the wedding of the current Duke of Kent and Katharine Worsley. I have never seen anything else written about this and it is hard to find a close up picture of the wedding party to see if I could spot her. I found one picture of the entire wedding party and it looks like it could be her, second from the right, just in front of Princess Anne

She would have been about 4 years old at the time

The attendants at the Kent wedding were Princess Anne, Diana Worsley. Emily Briggs, Sandra Butter, Joanna Fitzroy, Katharine Ashley Cooper, Willa Worsley, Simon Hay, Edward Beckett and William Worsley. No Jane Spencer in the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander Fellowes got engaged to Alexandra Finlay (Peerage News).

Pictures:
20th September 2013. Alexander Fellowes and Alexandra Findlay wedding at the The Chapel of St Mary Undercroft in Westminster, London-
fellowes-and-findlay-wedding-1088354 - Foto's, pers en stockbeelden, Videos - Photos de presse, banque d'images et Vidéos : Isopix.be

Picture:
Prince Harry attends the wedding of Alexander Fellowes and Alexandra Finlay at St Mary's Undercroft on September 20, 2013 in London, England-
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/S...ng+Of+Alexander+Fellowes+And+Alexandra+Finlay#

Pictures: Although Not Good One's
fellowes and findlay wedding-
http://www.isopix.be/persfotos_photos-de-presse/fellowes-and-findlay-wedding-1088354-st.aspx

Last edited:
Princess Diana’s sister speaks out for the first time:
Since Diana, Princess of Wales died in 1997, her sister Lady Jane Fellowes has shunned the limelight. Now, however, she has decided to speak out, in support of young people drawn into a life of crime-
Princess Diana’s sister speaks out for the first time - Telegraph

Lady Jane Fellowes on her battle with youth crime:
http://www.lady.co.uk/people/features/3170-lady-jane-fellowes-on-her-battle-with-youth-crime

http://www.onlyconnectuk.org/

Last edited:
Lady Jane Fellowes was originally Cynthia Jane Spencer. What was her approximate age when she began to be addressed as "Jane"?

As per her Wikipedia page, Jane and her elder sister, Sarah, were always referred to by their middle names instead of by their first names.

Here is a special picture of Lady Diana and Lady Jane, back to back in the Italian Garden at Althorp.

Source information
The late (eighth) Earl Spencer, father of the subjects, was the photographer.
The photo from the photographer's private collection was reproduced in Andrew Morton's Diana: Her True Story with permission of the present (ninth) Earl Spencer.

No longer there, but I know the one you mean, both of them cute as a bugs ear^^ Jane was always my second fav Spencer girl, looked the most like Diana, IMO. Always felt so sad for her, stuck in the middle with her husband working at BP, dont know if its that Sarah dyes her hair and Jane doesnt, but you can see the strain of those years on her, I hope she has some peace and happiness now, still lovely.

Last edited:
Alexander Fellowes and his wife welcomed their second child, a daughter named Rose Jane, on August 10, 2016.

Their first child, Robert, was born May 2015. 15 months apart. Though another source says he was born April 2015, so maybe 16 months apart. Either way, they wasted no time!

Last edited:
Alexander Fellowes and his wife welcomed their second child, a daughter named Rose Jane, on August 10, 2016.

Their first child, Robert, was born May 2015. 15 months apart. Though another source says he was born April 2015, so maybe 16 months apart. Either way, they wasted no time!

What is your source?
The Times of April 21st 2015 says April 10th 2015

Last edited:
What is your source?
The Times of April 21st 2015 says April 10th 2015

I got the April 10, 2015 date from Peerage News. But Lady Jane's Wiki page says her grandson was born May 10, 2015. In the past I've seen many errors from both Peerage and Wikipedia, so to be safe I included both dates.

Luckily, this time they both agree that Rose was born on August 10, 2016.

Last edited:
So was her first child born soon after the wedding?

Wedding was in Sept 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Wedding was in Sept 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

so Assuming the birth date of her son in Wikipeida is correct she would not have been pregnant...

I wonder how the controversy of the War of the Wales years and the separation and divorce affected the marriage of Jane and Robert? After all, Sir Robert was a Queen's man through and through and was involved in many negotiations and discussions. Jane was close to Diana and must have felt so torn.

There was an interview with Sir Robert Fellowes years ago in a newspaper in which he discussed his activities since retirement, including prison reform, an interest he's passed on to his daughter who's a probation officer, I believe. I can't find it, though I've searched (it wasn't in the Daily Fail or any tabloid) in which the last paragraph seemed to hint that the stresses and strains of those years had affected the Fellowes marriage long term. It's sad if that's so.

Last edited:
I wonder how the controversy of the War of the Wales years and the separation and divorce affected the marriage of Jane and Robert? After all, Sir Robert was a Queen's man through and through and was involved in many negotiations and discussions. Jane was close to Diana and must have felt so torn.

There was an interview with Sir Robert Fellowes years ago in a newspaper in which he discussed his activities since retirement, including prison reform, an interest he's passed on to his daughter who's a probation officer, I believe. I can't find it, though I've searched (it wasn't in the Daily Fail or any tabloid) in which the last paragraph seemed to hint that the stresses and strains of those years had affected the Fellowes marriage long term. It's sad if that's so.

I think Jane sided with her husband, not her sister.
They were estranged at the time of Diana's death, and I think it was because Diana deceived Fellows about her knowledge of Morton's book.

In any event, many criticize Charles because his wife was so much younger;but Jane married Fellows, and the age gap was similar.

(I believe Jane was more mature than Diana, but still, her marriage seemed very happy - at least until Diana caused difficulties for Robert).

Their youngest child and 2nd girl Eleanor is :) Laura is a painter I think.

This the article you mean, it is from the Telegraph
Lord Fellowes, former Private Secretary to the Queen: interview - Telegraph

And Mirabel, age gap is in fact larger. Jane has a 16 year gap (he b 1941, her 1957) Diana had 13 (he b 1948 she in 1961). It seems they had more in common, stronger foundation, and of course not same scrutiny.

Last edited:
I dont believe she was estranged from Jane. I woudl imagine that Jane mgiht have disapproved as a courtiers wife, of D's breaking the "royal rule" of Dont talk to the press.. but I dont beleive it ever resulted in an estrangement.
She was estranaged from her mother, that was well known...

I don't remember Diana ever saying anything negative about Jane. I believe that in HER TRUE STORY, she described her as sympathetic.

Back
Top Bottom