How many Royal books do you own?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My books are about queen Alexandra of England,born princess of Denmark; the Queen Mother; King George VI,the father of the present Queen of England. In the spanish side I have one of Queen Sophie and the other of King Juan Carlos, also about CharlesV. About Rumania , Queen Mary. And finally about Elizabeth of Austria. It's not easy to find biographies of the present royals in Uruguay.:reading:

It's not bad because of it's coverage of the less well-reported Courts. The actual content of the book lies more in the photo captions than in the text itself. Robert K Massie has written a very lengthy introduction on the nature of European monarchy with subsections on the "Saxe-Coburg-Windsors", Habsburgs, Hohenzollerns and Romanovs. A lot of effort has gone into finding the numerous photos, and that is probably the book's greatest appeal. Many of the pics have since found their way onto the internet.

yes i own the book, it was that book that got me started with the european royal families, it is rather falling to bits now tough, as i have had since it was first published that was in 1981. fab book, the photos are a treat, well worth a look. i supposed it will be out of print, so i would try any second hand bookshops (if you are interested), where i have often pick up some very good royal books for a pittence........

ps the most surprising photo i found in the book was queen amelie of portugal riding a large bull, a thing i have not come across before !!!!.

Last edited:
several years ago Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester wrote an autobiography... have you read it? did you like it? I'm looking for this book but I found it only online and I'd like to have an opinion about it before buying... thanks

I mostly check them out from the library (it's cheaper :D) so I only own a few right now, but my collection is growing so I love reading about the books everyone else has read and likes.

several years ago Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester wrote an autobiography... have you read it? did you like it? I'm looking for this book but I found it only online and I'd like to have an opinion about it before buying... thanks

it's good, but not an indepth biography, it has lots of photos, I'd personally recommend it:flowers:

I have a bio on Marie Antionette,Queen Mother by Shawcross,Soveriegn Ladies,about the queens of England.

I hope to get bio's on,Queen Victoria,CP Victoria,Prince Albert,Consort,George VI,Diana,Elizabeth i,Queen Alexandra and many more!

I have too many to count, but I will say most of mine are fictional. I would guess I have maybe 10-15 biographies, and most of those concern Queen Victoria.

To chime in with a description of my bookshelves... last summer I went to Wal-mart and bought 3 full-sized cheap bookcases and they are completely filled, two rows deep and more books laying flat to fill up the empty spaces. BUT they are organized, in a fashion. Sometimes when I watch Hoarders I cringe because I see myself in those people when it comes to my books. It is a rare thing for me to let go of a book.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can now add two more books-"We Two" on Victoria and Albert and "Victoria's Daughters".

You are going to love Victoria's Daughters. I just saw We Too at the Library Book Store...forgot to pick it up.

I think there are about 16 for me, and waiting for another on Frans Josef.

Too many to count. The vast majority are about Diana, and the rest are about Queen Elizabeth the 2nd, and the rest of the current BRF. I also have a tub of Royal magazines.

Im looking forward to buying a bio on Elizabeth I.

I own bios on empress josephine, czarina Alexandra some of the royal diaries series,"we two" about Victoria and Albert and some Romanov books and the three books of Robert Alexander- the Romanov bride,the kitchen boy and rasputin's daughter( I loved reading all 3) a bio on the queen mother ,the hidden diary of Marie Antoinette , Marie Antoinette:the journey and also a bio on Madame royale Marie Therese, the daughter of Marie Antoinette and also the Romanov prophecy by Steve berry ... Royal diaries series of Isabel I, Marie Antoinette, Elizabeth I, kazunomiya, jahanara, Catherine the great, Anastasia (Romanov), kristina(Sweden)....

I just bought,Six Wives,Queens of Henry VIII.

Do the he magazines count? Especially the tributes:cool:

I am still building my Royal Books Collection, It is still Growing! But so far I have Five books:

2 about Queen Victoria (one about Young Victoria and the other about her reign)
1 about Princess Elizabeth and Margaret
1 about the history of the English Monarchy from Roman Britain to present day1 about Queen Consort Alexandra

Zero. I have read many, but don't buy books---I borrow them.

I think I have about 20/21 (or possibly more); the last time I counted I had 17 but I have bought some more royalty related books since then. If magazines count, then I have about 5 of the "A Century of Royals" magazines (they used to be my mother's, but she gave them to me as she knows I have an interest in all things royal). I have an issue Svensk Damtinding (sorry if I spelt it wrong) as well, which I bought in Sweden. I also have lots of Hello magazines featuring royals, and the OK "royal special". I have one issue of Majesty Magazine too.

Last edited:
At one time I had two bookcases full of royal books, but now I am down to one shelf.

Does this count books of royals long since dead i.e. Anne Boleyn, Catherine de Medici?
If so I would say between 12-22.

I've never really counted how many I have. I know that ever since joining TRF I've bought quite a few and I'd wager a guess between 20-25. I think the prize of my collection though is the PoW's "Harmony". That book is not just a book...its a showpiece. Beautifully put together.

i have some of mary of denmark and some of spanish royals.

I would like to buy some who wants to sell them in 2nd hand by paypal.

i have some of mary of denmark and some of spanish royals.

I would like to buy some who wants to sell them in 2nd hand by paypal.

Another online site where you can get books dirt cheap is abesbooks.com. Usually the books I get there are $1 (USD) with maybe $2.75 shipping or they're $3.75 about with free shipping. Depends on the book. :D

thanks. all my books were sent to a member. i just have felipe VI and la mesa esta servida to give someone. in exchange i want danish book about mary. i have some.

I would say that I have about 30 - as I sell online, some of these are inventory. Among the more interesting that I have are:

King by Chance: A Biographical Novel King George I of Greece 1863-1913 by Nicholas Tantzos

and

Karoline Luise von Baden: ein Lebensbild aus der Zeit der Aufklärung by Jan Lauts (1st, 1980)

I also had two copies of Zita the Last Empress of Austria by Leo Hammerschmid, both of which I sold. I kind of regret not holding on to the second copy.

I have about 20 books, but I really have a list of like 20 books I really want to have, so after my birthday it will probably be a few more.
Most of my books are about Queen Máxima and the Dutch Royal Family, but I also have a book about Royal Weddings, CP Victoria of Sweden's Wedding and the Duchess of Cambridge, some books are in English, others in Swedish, other books in German but most of the books are in Dutch. I'm really desperately asking my parents to buy me 'The Queen Diamonds' for my birthday, I think it's a great book! And there is a new book about Queen Máxima's fashion coming up, it will be released on the 4th of April, so I really want to have that book as well. My bookshelf however is full, sadly enough...

Too many to count them!!
I think about 70 or 80: Spanish royals, Romanovs, Grace and Caroline of Monaco, Royals of India, Royals of Austria, Royals of France, Royals of Jordan, Royals of Belgium, etc...And lot of books about Royal Palaces.

About 20 or 30, most of them about the British royal family.

I own about 30, mostly about the British Royal Family, both present and past and I have some of the Belgian Royal Family. I also collect any of the books about Royal Jewellery. I enjoy the chase and finding them in second book shops.

Me about 30, too. Mainly on Jewels of the Royal Families but also (old) ones about royal weddings, royal daily life (i.e. old ones about Diana and the Swedish RF.
Bye Bine

Back
Top Bottom