HGD Couple expecting their first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: They did indeed say that she is due in May.

I think the birth took place in Canada

Am I missing something? Stephanie is not due until May. And even if she wasn't, why would the HGD of Luxembourg give birth in Canada?

I doubt very much that we will see the smiling HGD couple giving a brief interview as they bring their newborn home from the hospital unfortunately.

More likely that the Court will simply release photos from the hospital or even from Fischbach after the official announcement.

It's about 6-8 weeks to go, I think!

Perhaps we will get a video, introducing the baby, since they cant to a hospital leave type thing.

But I will settle for photos.

Hoping its closer to the start of May. I am anxious to see this little bundle.

She is due at the end of May.
When Princess Juliana of the Netherlands had her third daughter in January 1943 in the mids of the war, they apparently delayed the announcement of the birth, because they feared that there would be a large crowd of people wanting to celebrate the birth.
Could it be that the announcement of the birth would be delayed to avoid crowds of people to celebrate the birth?

I think the birth took place in Canada

Am I missing something? Stephanie is not due until May. And even if she wasn't, why would the HGD of Luxembourg give birth in Canada?

I believe she was responding to the above post.

She is due at the end of May.
When Princess Juliana of the Netherlands had her third daughter in January 1943 in the mids of the war, they apparently delayed the announcement of the birth, because they feared that there would be a large crowd of people wanting to celebrate the birth.
Could it be that the announcement of the birth would be delayed to avoid crowds of people to celebrate the birth?

not 100% sure, but i don't think it was so much that the birth was announced later, but that apart from some pictures all the usual public announcements when a baby was born were kept very sober. Reason being that the Netherlands were involved in the 2nd world war and occupied by the Germans Nazi regime, and Q.Wilhelmina considerdd too much celebration improper in the situation.
-----
I don't know if huge crowds are expected in Luxemburg when the birth is announced? Should they for instance announce it with several nice pictures so people get a glimpse of the child that way, I think it could be a nice highlight for everyone who is social distancing...besides, like you say, the baby isn't due to end of May, so who knows the Corona measures have been lifted to some extend by then in Luxemburg

not 100% sure, but i don't think it was so much that the birth was announced later, but that apart from some pictures all the usual public announcements when a baby was born were kept very sober. Reason being that the Netherlands were involved in the 2nd world war and occupied by the Germans Nazi regime, and Q.Wilhelmina considerdd too much celebration improper in the situation.
-----
I don't know if huge crowds are expected in Luxemburg when the birth is announced? Should they for instance announce it with several nice pictures so people get a glimpse of the child that way, I think it could be a nice highlight for everyone who is social distancing...besides, like you say, the baby isn't due to end of May, so who knows the Corona measures have been lifted to some extend by then in Luxemburg

Today huge crowds are already 10 people.

I can remember that Princess Juliana once said she was worried about the safety of people going on the streets to celebrate the birth ( a rehearsel of the birthday celebration of Prince Bernhard, when people came out on the streets to demonstrate against the occupation)

Today huge crowds are already 10 people.

I can remember that Princess Juliana once said she was worried about the safety of people going on the streets to celebrate the birth ( a rehearsel of the birthday celebration of Prince Bernhard, when people came out on the streets to demonstrate against the occupation)

Yes obviously. THe Dutch would want to celebrate but it would be dangerous for them to do so, as it would be in essence a protest against he Nazi occupation and might result in a backlash by the Germans.

Well, I hope everything continues to go well for them and the birth of this much wanted baby in these trying times.
I look foward to the announcement and hopefully some lovely photos in 6-8 weeks or so.

I also look forward to seeing this baby. There is not much left for May. It's just a few more weeks ...

:previous: This baby and Beatrice's wedding were the only Royal events I have been looking forward to. :ermm:

No wedding for May, but the stork is still on schedule.?

Well; one thing we do know for sure is that the news will be a welcome happy event after everything that's going on in the world at the moment!

That’s the thing. You may postpone all the weddings and delay all the parties and all the vacations and Royal tours but that baby is gonna make a Royal entrance Pandemic be darned LOL

As we all look forward to the birth, do we have any ideas on when the baby might be due?

we kow its in May. We wont know what date.

That’s the thing. You may postpone all the weddings and delay all the parties and all the vacations and Royal tours but that baby is gonna make a Royal entrance Pandemic be darned LOL

This should be quoted by all hospitals that are closing their maternity section to free up extra beds - not the royal equivalent of course.:whistling:

This should be quoted by all hospitals that are closing their maternity section to free up extra beds - not the royal equivalent of course.:whistling:

yes what are women supposed to do? I would not want to give birth at home..

we kow its in May. We wont know what date.
I wonder if it's in the beginning of May. The last time we saw Stephanie, she looked quite far in her pregnancy. So, I'm crossing fingers for a late April/early May birth :flowers:

I wonder if it's in the beginning of May. The last time we saw Stephanie, she looked quite far in her pregnancy. So, I'm crossing fingers for a late April/early May birth :flowers:

Usualy royals don't give a firm date because they want to minimise press chasing them or the public turning up around hospitals. But at present that can't happen.

:previous: That opens up a good question...I wonder if the HGD will opt to give birth at Fischbach Castle with the health crisis and the strain on medical personnel at the hospitals?

Even though this is her first pregnancy, given that she is young and healthy(she appears to be) midwives and doctors can be dispatched to the Castle for a routine delivery. She might feel less anxious in familiar surroundings as well.

I am not sure but I think Henri and all his siblings were born there.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Not sure what the common practice is in Luxembourg. In the Netherlands, about 30% gives birth at home (with the higher educated being overrepresented). I wouldn't surprised if that number is slightly higher since the Corona-outbreak - women that don't have a medical reason for a hospital delivery might now decide to stay home instead of hurry to the hospital.

I wouldn't be surprised if she chose to have the baby at home. Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, it might be the best option.
I'm sure they're surrounded by the best experts and doctors who will advise them in the best way.

I wouldn't be surprised if she chose to have the baby at home. Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, it might be the best option.
I'm sure they're surrounded by the best experts and doctors who will advise them in the best way.

she can probably have good medical attention and nursing care at home.. but that wont apply to other women...

Don't know how it is in Luxemburg but here in Germany not everywhere the fathers are allowed into the delivery room because of Covid-19.

Last edited:
I am not sure but I think Henri and all his siblings were born there.

They where born at home but not at Fischbach Castle as then it was the residence of Grand Duchess Charlotte. They where born at Betztdorf Castle which then was the residence of their parents.

Last edited:
:previous: Good information, thank you Stefan! ?

I know that as late as the 1960's many Royal births took place at home. The fact that she may not be allowed to have Guillaume at her side in the hospital may be even more incentive for Stephanie to give birth at Fischbach.

Last edited:
But isn't it too risky to give birth at home for a first-time mother over 35?

She is seemingly healthy and presumably the pregnancy/Baby is healthy.The the best doctors and medical care available will come to her where she gives birth. Not as if she has to call the village midwife after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom