Hereditary Prince Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha and Kelly Rondestvedt 21/23.5.2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stefan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Esslingen
Country
Germany
Hereditary Prince Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha and Kelly Rondestvedt 21/23.5.2009

The Wedding of Hereditary Prince Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and the american banker Kelly Rondestvedt will take place on 21.05. and 23.05.2009 at Coburg.
First there will be the civil marriage on 21.05. at Callenberg Castle which will be private. On 23.05 the religious marriage will start at noon at the St. Moritz Church at Coburg. After the service (which will be held in english and german) the bridal Couple will drive in an half-open Carriage through Coburg to Ehrenburg Castle. In the Inner Court of the Castle there will be then a Recpetion for around 400 Guests. Later the day the festivities will continue with the Wedding Dinner at Callenberg Castle.

NEUE PRESSE COBURG | Mit "Victoria" rund um den "Albert"

Last edited:
Last edited:
Does anyone know how the civil ceremony went? Any coverage planned for the 23rd?:whistling:

A TRF member is attending the wedding celebrations [as an observer].
We expect a report on their return from Coburg. :)

I also will be in Coburg on Saturday.
It´s nor far away from my hometown. I´m really lookinf forward for this event, because our newpapers said, that the Kings of Sweden will attend the wedding as well.

Check out Nettys forum, several of the posters were in town and have posted lists of guests and some photos.

The civil wedding
from inFranken.de, 22 May 2009.
There are four photos when the small thumbnail in the article is clicked: Das "Ja" auf Schloss Callenberg; Prinzenhochzeit, Prinzenhochzeit, Callenberg, Coburg, Adel

Neue Presse: 16 pics from the civil wedding (click the thumbnail): NEUE PRESSE COBURG | Standesamtliche Trauung auf Schloss Callenberg

Family group

Prinzenhochzeit: Die standesamtliche Trauung auf Schloss Callenberg (3 / 16)
Prince Alexander of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha (brother of the groom), Princess Stephanie (sister), Prince Andreas (Head of the Ducal House) and his wife Princess Carin (parents of the groom), Erbprinzessin Kelly and Erbprinz Hubertus, with Cheryl and Christian Rondestvedt (parents of the bride).

Last edited:

Crown Prince Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha will marry the american Kelly Rondestvedt.

Here you have some pictures of the civil ceremony:

http://www.np-coburg.de/_/tools/diaview.html?_CMTREE=5600&_CMELEM=5
Civil Wedding I
http://www.np-coburg.de/_/tools/diaview.html?_CMTREE=5600&_CMELEM=7

http://www.np-coburg.de/_/tools/diaview.html?_CMTREE=5600&_CMELEM=9
Civil Wedding II

Family Picture

Just Married

Guests I

Guests II

Guests III

Guests IV

The Couple I

The Couple II

Party Tent

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came back from the wedding. I was standing right in front of the church. It was soooo great. A beautiful couple. But my highlight of the day was denfenetly Queen Silvia of Sweden!!!!!! She´s so beautiful and open hearted!

Maybe I should have been in Coburg as well, as I life only 50 kms from there...., but I thought it would be a family affair :nonono:, and I decided to stay at home.

I just came back from the wedding. I was standing right in front of the church. It was soooo great. A beautiful couple. But my highlight of the day was denfenetly Queen Silvia of Sweden!!!!!! She´s so beautiful and open hearted!
i agree with you the queen Sylvia is so a wonderful and beautiful woman

. But my highlight of the day was denfenetly Queen Silvia of Sweden!!!!!! She´s so beautiful and open hearted!

yes, Queen Silvia was SO extremely kind and nice with me when I waved the Brazilian flag to her at the wedding of Philippe and Mathilde in Brussels in 1999!!!!
I exchanged a few letters with her in Portuguese and she was always very cordial and she helped a friend to have access to the Royal Archives of Stockholm

The wedding dress is classic and quite beautiful:flowers:

I really like her dress, but it doesn't seem that she wore a tiara.

A most wonderful event from the pictures. Hope there are more! THe day appeared beautiful, as did the participants.:flowers:

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about this and maybe you've talked about this before:
What is a hereditary prince or princess? Is it as in a non-reigning line?
Thanks in advance.

Hereditary Prince (or Erbprinz) was the title for the heir to the throne in German duchies and principalities. It has a meaning similar to 'Crown Prince'. Erbprinz Hubertus will one day follow his father as the Head of the Ducal House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.

The term continues to be used today among the Austro-German Gotha, in the same manner as Princess Caroline is Hereditary Princess of Monaco, Prince Alois is Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein and Prince Guillaume is Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg.

Beautiful bride, beautiful groom and beautiful dress!
I wish them all the best!

It seems that the bride may have worn a tiara as a necklace. Did anyone notice that?

She wore a spectacular diamond necklace, but it was a necklace only, provenance of the Duchess of Albany (mother of Carl Edouard, Duke of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha).

Thanks and kudos to Claes and Kirsten at RJOTWMB for spotting the necklace with this link to Ursula's excellent website: Schmuck der Herzogin Helen von Albany | Prinzessin von Waldeck-Pyrmont

As we can see from the link the necklace was a gifr ftom Prince Leopold (Queen Victoria's youngest son) to his bride, Princess Helen of Waldeck and Pyrmont.

The Saxe-Coburgs are a (very) wealthy family so the absence of a tiara in the context of a "crown princely wedding" is unusual.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom