Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 8: July 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The King of Denmark looks so bad. too long leaves (I assume you meant sleeves?) and his pants??
From my humble XY chromosome opinion, he looks great, elegant and age-appropriate with his spring outwear.

Re sleeves, I think he bought that off a store or catalog and forgot to ask the royal seamstress to take in a bit since the sleeves are a bit long. I recall ages ago I bought a shirt from a package, not paying attention to the arm's length measurement, and spent the office day like him, with the arms crossed or in L formation to compensate for the longer sleeves. Never wore it again.

Re pants, I like they cover the shoes. Stockings are part of the undergarments; they should remain under the garment. By the way, I LOVE his shoes. You can tell a lot about a man and his shoes (think of his cousin King Charles' more sober 24/7 style) and Frederick is telling he likes fashion and stylish footwear to keep up with the stunning Queen of style next to him.

And I agree with Sister Morphine, let the beard live! 🧔‍♂️It's like he and his cousins and younger times travel pals, King Felipe, Crown Prince Haakon and Prince Pavlos of Greece, had a pact to be bearded when the kids grew up. It's very early 19th century male royal glam retro look.

Last edited:
Our King Philippe looks always perfect , he has the best Taylor of Brussels who has the best materials , what King Frederik 's Taylor has not.
(Thanks for correcting "sleeves")

Last edited:
Quite so! Compared to the Kings of Belgium or Spain, Denmark looks positively scruffy. He lacks the flair of his late father.
:giggle: I think he's going for the scruffy bearded daddy look! I'm sure Queen Mary had to approve his royal beard, so I'll too submit to her likes.

Quite so! Compared to the Kings of Belgium or Spain, Denmark looks positively scruffy. He lacks the flair of his late father.

I don't think he looks scruffy at all. That has a very negative connotation, as though he didn't care about his appearance. Calling his late father's fashion sense "flair" is being kind.

I like the fact he has facial hair. He hardly looks like a touring member of ZZ Top.

A three piece attire, just like a double-breasted suit is always stylish.
However, King Frederik, where is your handkerchief? Where are your flashy cuff-links? And a bright red tie would really have nailed it.

We're really being spoiled on this state visit. Military uniform, fatigues, three-piece suits...all that's missing is a tuxedo and swimming trunks. LOL

Yesterday we were treated with Frederik in uniform times 2 for the start of the state visit to Norway, today we have more casual attire.
For a nature walk
Notice Haakon's shoes, perfect in case you get lost in the woods ; )

and for a walk around the city, effortlessly cool 😎

Love that King Charles has worn a pink vest to match Queen Camilla's dress for the Garden Party for the creative industries today.

Yesterday we were treated with Frederik in uniform times 2 for the start of the state visit to Norway, today we have more casual attire.
For a nature walk

Frederik look so good😎

For a nature walk

I especially like King Frederik's blue belt.
One does not often see a gentleman wearing a blue belt.

Back
Top Bottom