"End Game" by Omid Scobie - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don’t get why people expect Catherine and Meghan to be besties. I know a number of sisters in law that wouldn’t see or speak to each other outside of family events eg Christmas, birthdays etc.
Add to that Meghan didn’t exactly do what Catherine and Sophie did and spend a decade as part of the family before marriage. In other words Catherine and Meghan barely knew each other, there were obvious difficulties but they managed to pretend otherwise for official “work” purposes but then Meghan and Harry walked out and lobbed lodes of attacks at the RF and William and Catherine specifically. Why would they now speak or be friends? They never were so certainly won’t be after all the “revelations” from Harry and Meghan.
I also don’t understand why after everything they’ve put their family through the Sussex’s (and their biographer Omid) think they can now simply decide that the couple now want to reconcile with the RF on their own terms. Sorry life doesn’t work that way, it isn’t a PR media cycle its actual life the hurt lasts.

Matt Wilkinson's report for The Sun seems to be where the "skin color" excerpt was leaked.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/royals/24850401/meghan-markle-two-racists-archie-skin-colour/

MEGHAN Markle accused TWO people of discussing “concerns” about son Archie’s skin colour, a bombshell book is set to reveal.

But royal author Omid Scobie’s book Endgame will go further and say that — in private letters she wrote to the King — Meghan named two members of the Royal Household she says took part in the “conversations”.

The identity of the pair has not been disclosed in the shock book, which will hit bookshelves on Tuesday — but has been leaked to The Sun.

It is not known if the second accused person is a member of the Royal Family or someone who works for the family, but they are a member of the Royal Household.

Scobie claims he knows the names but “laws in the United Kingdom prevent me from reporting who they were”.

The allegation that there were two people risks re- igniting a bitter race row that led the late Queen Elizabeth to respond three years ago by saying “recollections may vary”.

Both names are said to appear in letters shared between Meghan and Charles in the spring of 2021, in the wake of the Oprah chat.

The book will say Meghan believed “unconscious bias and ignorance” inside the Royal Family needed to be tackled.

In return, Charles wanted his letters to express he felt “no ill will” or “casual prejudice” had been involved.

In writing back to his daughter-in-law, Charles wanted to clear up “something he felt strongly about”, the leaked book will claim.

It will say there were no “hard feelings” about the “specific incident” but many other concerns remain unresolved.

As a result of the letters and naming of the two people, there was a feeling “both had been heard”, it will claim.

The report is confusing. Which UK laws do Mr. Scobie allege "prevent me from reporting who they were"? And if the "identity of the pair" was "leaked to the Sun", how does the Sun "not known if the second accused person is a member of the Royal Family or someone who works for the family"?

It sounds as if there is no information on what the unnamed people were accused of saying.

Matt Wilkinson's report for The Sun seems to be where the "skin color" excerpt was leaked.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/royals/24850401/meghan-markle-two-racists-archie-skin-colour/

The report is confusing. Which UK laws do Mr. Scobie allege "prevent me from reporting who they were"? And if the "identity of the pair" was "leaked to the Sun", how does the Sun "not known if the second accused person is a member of the Royal Family or someone who works for the family"?

It sounds as if there is no information on what the unnamed people were accused of saying.

Libel laws come to mind, if he names people he needs to provide absolute proof

A post with a link to a reddit post has been removed. If anyone can find a reputable site with links to the same information about the book, it may be posted.

There’s a lot about this book that seems inaccurate and one-sided but the part that genuinely confuses me is the part about how William is eager to ascend the throne and wants it to happen as soon as possible, which is included in the Telegraph extracts.

That makes no sense to me at all. I think the Wales would consider it tragic if that happened before their kids have all reached the age of 18 and finished school.

Sorry, Mods. I should have remembered the forbidden source.

I looked for a respectable site and couldn't find one. All it said was that the 22 page prologue appeared on several booksites but didn't name them, except that it's not on Amazon.

Anyone who's interested can google Prologue Endgame Scobie. I found it unpleasant reading, with a lot of Victim Scobie.

Apologies again.

There’s a lot about this book that seems inaccurate and one-sided but the part that genuinely confuses me is the part about how William is eager to ascend the throne and wants it to happen as soon as possible, which is included in the Telegraph extracts.

That makes no sense to me at all. I think the Wales would consider it tragic if that happened before their kids have all reached the age of 18 and finished school.

Considering that long ago he was nicknamed the reluctant royal as observers commented that he was not doing enough royal duties. The late Queen had given the couple time in the early years of the marriage plus when the children came to enjoy their lives. It is well recorded that the Queen not just for obvious reasons regretted coming to the throne so young but that she missed out on her children growing up.

Does anybody on here really think that William is just waiting for his father to die.

Considering that long ago he was nicknamed the reluctant royal as observers commented that he was not doing enough royal duties. The late Queen had given the couple time in the early years of the marriage plus when the children came to enjoy their lives. It is well recorded that the Queen not just for obvious reasons regretted coming to the throne so young but that she missed out on her children growing up.

Does anybody on here really think that William is just waiting for his father to die.

No one sensible. The more I read from this, the more I think this is a hatchet job where the main sources are the same sources from “Finding Freedom” and the point is to continue to drag out a family grievance that stopped being relevant or interesting long ago.

I think Harry had a delusional idea that he'd be co-King, and that William would split the Duchy with him.

William dismissing the idea, means in Sussex eyes that William is power hungry for the throne (since he won't share it!). Instead it means that William is practical and sane.

Just like Harry went totally mental in 2019, when QE, Charles , William and George posed for a photo together. That was apparently a big motivator behind Sussexit. That Harry wasn't invited to the Monarch photo. Or Harry expecting to go to the Queen's deathbed when it was her children and William the future King, not her other grandkids. Harry expected that same future King treatment, and continues through Scobie to complain that he was sidelined at Balmoral.

Harry's grandiose expectations and sense of self aren't being indulged by his family. So THEY must be the problem, not his expectations....

I believe the exact wording I read in the papers was that the comments were made by two members of the Royal Household, rather than the Royal Family.

Thank you, yes, I should have been more precise in my wording.

^^^
Just like Harry went totally mental in 2019, when QE, Charles , William and George posed for a photo together. That was apparently a big motivator behind Sussexit. That Harry wasn't invited to the Monarch photo. Or Harry expecting to go to the Queen's deathbed when it was her children and William the future King, not her other grandkids. Harry expected that same future King treatment, and continues through Scobie to complain that he was sidelined at Balmoral.^^^

This point confuses me ~ didn’t KCIII inform Harry and indicate he should come to Balmoral?

Question: I read that Omid Scobie swears that the Sussexes had "nothing to do with" the new book.

But if that's the truth, how is he in the know about private conversations, incidents, train of thought etc especially between the Sussexes and the king?

How does Scobie know what Harry said to Charles when he was asked to leave Frogmore?

How does Scobie know about Charles's primary concern for Andrew during the Epstein crisis?:sad:

This point confuses me ~ didn’t KCIII inform Harry and indicate he should come to Balmoral?

Harry and Meghan announced they'd be going to Balmoral before speaking with his family. William wasn't speaking to him at all (smart man). And Charles was quite busy but eventually spoke to Harry after H&M announced their intentions to travel to Scotland, Charles was able to convince Meghan not to come (only because Catherine wasn't), but Harry was going no matter what Charles said (since William was going and Harry expects the equal future King treatment). Harry arranged his own transportation (while I'm sure other family marveled at his audacity to push his way in).

Then when he got there, he was surprised that William and Charles dined separately from him. AKA William and Charles followed the original plan, and didn't cave in to his ambush. Eventually the next day, other grandkids arrived, but it sounds like Harry didn't join them either (since that would've lumped him in with the non-direct line).

Question: I read that Omid Scobie swears that the Sussexes had "nothing to do with" the new book.

But if that's the truth, how is he in the know about private conversations, incidents, train of thought etc especially between the Sussexes and the king?

How does Scobie know what Harry said to Charles when he was asked to leave Frogmore?

How does Scobie know about Charles's primary concern for Andrew during the Epstein crisis?:sad:

Scobie also originally said they had nothing to do with his first book. He said he learned of all those private conversations through "lip reading". Though after their involvement came out in court, suddenly Scobie's memory loss cured itself.

That pesky memory loss is resurfacing, now. Unless Scobie's nickname for Meghan is "Lip" and Harry's is "Reading".

Scobie also originally said they had nothing to do with his first book. He said he learned of all those private conversations through "lip reading". Though after their involvement came out in court, suddenly Scobie's memory loss cured itself.

That pesky memory loss is resurfacing, now. Unless Scobie's nickname for Meghan is "Lip" and Harry's is "Reading".

Meghan told Harry to answer the phone because he usually ignores unknown numbers. Harry picked it up just as it stopped ringing.

Harry and Meghan announced they'd be going to Balmoral before speaking with his family. William wasn't speaking to him at all (smart man). And Charles was quite busy but eventually spoke to Harry after H&M announced their intentions to travel to Scotland, Charles was able to convince Meghan not to come (only because Catherine wasn't), but Harry was going no matter what Charles said (since William was going and Harry expects the equal future King treatment). Harry arranged his own transportation (while I'm sure other family marveled at his audacity to push his way in).

Then when he got there, he was surprised that William and Charles dined separately from him. AKA William and Charles followed the original plan, and didn't cave in to his ambush. Eventually the next day, other grandkids arrived, but it sounds like Harry didn't join them either (since that would've lumped him in with the non-direct line).

There does appear to be confusion with regard the timeline.

FACT, Charles left Dumfries House by helicopter on the morning of the 8th earlier than originally planned , headed to Balmoral. I would say around 9.00 is reasonable time although maybe not exact.
FACT, First statement from the palace at 12.30, concern for the Queens health. The media picked up on comfortable and concern.

Variables. Scobie in the extract says that Harry receives a call from his father to tell him the Queen is ill and he is heading to Balmoral. This would suggest morning.
Harry in Spare says a call around lunchtime. He didn’t say he saw the first statement on the tv but heard from his father. I am not clear if that was the first call at lunchtime or was this a further call. A we bit vague on detail.

There does appear to be confusion with regard the timeline.

FACT, Charles left Dumfries House by helicopter on the morning of the 8th earlier than originally planned , headed to Balmoral. I would say around 9.00 is reasonable time although maybe not exact.
FACT, First statement from the palace at 12.30, concern for the Queens health. The media picked up on comfortable and concern.

Variables. Scobie in the extract says that Harry receives a call from his father to tell him the Queen is ill and he is heading to Balmoral. This would suggest morning.
Harry in Spare says a call around lunchtime. He didn’t say he saw the first statement on the tv but heard from his father. I am not clear if that was the first call at lunchtime or was this a further call. A we bit vague on detail.

I didn't mean the call about health, they got that prior to the public, obviously. He'd be having a bigger epic tantrum in that case. :lol:

I meant that they announced their travel plans before confirming/speaking with Charles about who was to travel to her bedside. According to Scobie (therefore H&M), Harry knew Eugenie wasn't going to the bedside since he was in communication with her that day. That should've been a major hint to him, that non-direct-line grandchildren weren't being beckoned. But Harry jumped the gun anyways, and announced his and Meghan's travel plans to Balmoral. Putting Charles in the awkward spot of having to call Harry, and try to convince them to uninvite themselves. Only Meghan took the "hint". Harry booked his own flight not caring about any extra drama he was putting his stressed father through. And seemingly was shocked that William, and the Queen's children didn't indulge him at Balmoral. His self-importance > their grief and new responsibilities.

Ah Miss Whirley, I am with you now.

Last edited:

Residents residing in Zipcode 93108 comes to mind .;)

I didn't mean the call about health, they got that prior to the public, obviously. He'd be having a bigger epic tantrum in that case. :lol:

I meant that they announced their travel plans before confirming/speaking with Charles about who was to travel to her bedside. According to Scobie (therefore H&M), Harry knew Eugenie wasn't going to the bedside since he was in communication with her that day. That should've been a major hint to him, that non-direct-line grandchildren weren't being beckoned. But Harry jumped the gun anyways, and announced his and Meghan's travel plans to Balmoral. Putting Charles in the awkward spot of having to call Harry, and try to convince them to uninvite themselves. Only Meghan took the "hint". Harry booked his own flight not caring about any extra drama he was putting his stressed father through. And seemingly was shocked that William, and the Queen's children didn't indulge him at Balmoral. His self-importance > their grief and new responsibilities.

Understandably Charles, Camilla and William had to return to London the following day to begin the formal process of that would be the start of King Charles III's reign. However Harry could have chosen to stay another day.

I'm sad and disappointed that Harry chose not to remain at Balmoral for the following day and at least see his cousins Peter, Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie. IMO that could have been a time to reconnect over their shared grief. ( I'm not sure when his youngest cousins arrived so I didn't include them.)

I missed the part about Andrew in the excerpts I've read. What was Charles' concern?

Andrew has done many stupid things, but at least he has never sold out his family.

I missed the part about Andrew in the excerpts I've read. What was Charles' concern?

Andrew has done many stupid things, but at least he has never sold out his family.
That moving out of Royal Lodge Windsor and into Frogmore Cottage would negatively impact Andrew's mental health.

Scobie claims that it was Anne who was the primary architect of the Sussexes' Frogmore Cottage lease being ended and to have Andrew downsize into that property.

That moving out of Royal Lodge Windsor and into Frogmore Cottage would negatively impact Andrew's mental health.

Scobie claims that it was Anne who was the primary architect of the Sussexes' Frogmore Cottage lease being ended and to have Andrew downsize into that property.

And that William was behind Andrew's retirement as a working royal. And that somehow shows that he's power hungry and has no empathy while Charles's was concerned about Andrew's mental health.

I work in a bookshop so I have had chance to take a peek at the book before it is officially on sale. From a random quick flip, what most struck me was near the end when he was briefly discussing early nineteenth-century monarchs. Omid Scobie said how Prinny came to the throne (and this is a direct quote) "after King George III went mad and was forced to abdicate in 1820". This shows the level of his knowledge and understanding of royal history.

But this is what confuses me - in the Scobie book, there are two distinct Charles to Harry calls:

First call >
“You should answer it,” Meghan told him. He tapped accept just before it stopped.…… He told Harry to make his way to Scotland immediately. William, whom Charles had just spoken to, was supposedly working on arranging travel.”

Second call >
“ Another call came through from Charles, who instructed his younger son to come alone.”

There’s a great divide between ‘come to Scotland immediately’ and ‘other grandchildren weren’t being beckoned.’

Thank you Tatiana for saying exactly what I was thinking. Laws, not knowing if they are a member of the family or household? Doesn't make sense at all, but then most things to do with the Sussexes are usually innuendo and half-truths based, of course, on varied recollections ;)

But this is what confuses me - in the Scobie book, there are two distinct Charles to Harry calls:

First call >
“You should answer it,” Meghan told him. He tapped accept just before it stopped.…… He told Harry to make his way to Scotland immediately. William, whom Charles had just spoken to, was supposedly working on arranging travel.”

Second call >
“ Another call came through from Charles, who instructed his younger son to come alone.”

There’s a great divide between ‘come to Scotland immediately’ and ‘other grandchildren weren’t being beckoned.’

Because it doesn't make sense with Harry having his own travel arrangements, with Edward, Sophie, Andrew, and William on a separate plane and not speaking to Harry.

What seems to have happened is Charles said senior royals are immediately heading to Scotland, and travel arrangements are being arranged for them. Eugenie knew this didn't include her.

Harry seems to have assumed HE is a senior royal (his security case, and Frogmore whining seems to confirm his misconception, as well as his confusion at not being in the monarch photo). So he angrily was wondering why he was having to make his own travel arrangements unlike the other senior royals.

Then Harry and Meghan announced their travel plans, and Charles had to call them and try to reason with them. That's the call where Harry decided he'd travel alone, since Meghan took the hint. Harry didn't take the hint, wasn't welcomed on the main plane, and wasn't welcomed to William and Charles' dinner at Balmoral, despite his self-belief that he belonged with the rest of the senior royals.

Last edited:
Nobody is interested. The "revelations" in the last book made the front pages of most of the papers. These are barely making the papers at all. They are not on the BBC, ITV or Sky News websites. No-one cares.

Pictures of Kate in her red cape dress at the South Korean state visit were on every front page.

I work in a bookshop so I have had chance to take a peek at the book before it is officially on sale. From a random quick flip, what most struck me was near the end when he was briefly discussing early nineteenth-century monarchs. Omid Scobie said how Prinny came to the throne (and this is a direct quote) "after King George III went mad and was forced to abdicate in 1820". This shows the level of his knowledge and understanding of royal history.

There’s a bit of the prologue that I saw where he talked about how much of the public will never forgive Charles for “the role he played in Diana’s death” which also felt deeply ignorant. Charles played no role in Diana’s death, and the majority of the public are well aware of that.

Back
Top Bottom