Duke Franz and the Royal House of Bavaria 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes from what is known he has for example given Duchess Anna the Bräustüberl and Brauhaus in Tegernsee and Duchess Helene has got the posessions in Wildbad Kreuth
Yeah, those ladies will enjoy all those goodies and chattels. Not that it is any of my business, but I do wonder who will inherit the unmarried sister’s inheritance seeing as she has no heirs.

Ludwig, Prince of Bavaria and his fiancée Sophie-Alexandra Evekink participated in the „Lion March in 24 hours“ from Kaltenberg Castle to Hohenschwangau Castle on September 3:

** brauerphotos gallery **

Perhaps I have missed an interview, but where was it said that the fiancee will give up her career? What would prevent her from continuing it after her marriage?

Anna of Bavaria, a future sister-in-law?, still works as a journalist, AFAIK.

Franz, Duke of Bavaria, attended the celebration "20 years Pinakothek der Moderne" in Munich on September 15:

** Pic ** gallery **

This is the case for the Title Duke of Bavaria and the Headship ofthe Royal House. Second in line after Duke Max is Prince Luitpold, whose paternale grandfather Prince Franz was one ofthe youngers sons of King Ludwig III. And his mothjer was Princess Irmingard, one of the daughers of Crown Prince Rruprrecht from his second marriage.

The Title Duke in bavaria is another case. Duke Max was adoptedby his maternal great-unlce and he was choosen because has is also descendning from the ducal line which is not the case for the other members of the Royal lince with the exception of his brother. so he inhertied the vast propert of the Ducal line.Apparently it was already partly given to his daughters so for example Duchess Anna manages and probably owns the ducal brewery in Tegernsee and Duchess Helene owns the property at Kreuth.

To me it would seem a bit odd to appoint (some of) his daughters as managers of his property if his intention is to ultimately transfer it all to the male line upon his death, but given the resistance against women's inheritance among European nobility, I wonder if his male relatives would protest if his bequeathed the majority of his assets to his daughter(s) instead of the next male(s).

To me it would seem a bit odd to appoint (some of) his daughters as managers of his property if his intention is to ultimately transfer it all to the male line upon his death, but given the resistance against women's inheritance among European nobility, I wonder if his male relatives would protest if his bequeathed the majority of his assets to his daughter(s) instead of the next male(s).
I don’t think other members will complain because the other branches have their own assets and it was inevitable that he would give assets to his daughters as he only had daughters.

Not sure but i think he has already given some of his properties to his daughters. Most of it comes from the ducal line anyway so no need for the toher male to protest

Anna in Bayern-von Maltzan with husband Andreas von Maltzan attended the Hendrik TeNeues Photography Award at Residenz in Munich on October 22:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Ursula, Princess of Bavaria, attended the Cosi fan tutte opera premiere at Bayerische Staatsoper in Munich on October 26:

** Pic **

Franz, Duke of Bavaria, attended the ceremony "75 years of the Bavarian State Government" in Munich, also yesterday, October 26:

** Pic ** gallery **

Last edited:
Yesterday, October 30, Franz, Duke of Bavaria, and partner Thomas Greinwald, attended the ceremony "Nine decades Charlotte Knobloch" in the community center of the Israelite cultural community of Munich & Upper Bavaria in Munich:

** Pic ** gallery **

Leopold, Prince of Bavaria, Ursula, Princess of Bavaria and Ludwig of Bavaria's fiancée Sophie Evekink attended the Silver Tea of the German American Women's Club in Munich yesterday, November 8:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Prince Ludwig visited on 12 December the Bavarian Museum in Regensburg on the occasion of the 110th anniversary of the death of Prince Regent Luitpold.

He looked at some exhibits with Minister of State Florian Herrmann that are directly related to the Prince Regent and the Wittelsbach family.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FkA1Sn3acAED-_6?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://www.charivari.com/storage/thumbs/600x/r:1670860236/308363.jpg

Video

https://www.tvaktuell.com/mediathek...erbunden-todestag-des-prinzregenten-luitpold/

Ludwig, Prince of Bavaria, participated in the charity action Sternstunden-Tag in Munich yesterday, December 16:

** Pic ** gallery **

Leopold, Prince of Bavaria, Ursula, Princess of Bavaria attended a Christmas charity concert in support of the new children's emergency room at the children's hospital in Nürnberg:

** Pic ** life.klinikum-nuernberg.de article **

Ludwig, Prince of Bavaria and his fiancée Sophie-Alexandra Evekink attended the Digital Life Design Reception in Munich on January 13:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On February 3, Leopold, Prince of Bavaria, and Ursula, Princess of Bavaria, attended the historic bobsleigh race and its side event as part of the World Championships in St. Moritz:

** Pic ** gallery **

Manuel Prince of Bavaria attended the PIN Art Dinner at Pinakothek der Moderne in Munich on March 13:

** Pic ** gallery **

The memoirs of Franz, Duke of Bavaria, entitled "Spectators in the front row. Memories" were published in Germany last week.

German magazine Bunte today shared some quotes were Franz, Duke of Bavaria, wrote about his love for Thomas Greinwald, his partner since 42 years.

Interesting and touching to read:

** chbeck.de publisher information with cover: Herzog von Bayern, Franz Zuschauer in der ersten Reihe Erinnerungen **

** bunte article: Ergreifende Liebeserklärung: Endlich können sie ihr Glück offen leben ** google translation **

Here is another article about the marriage in "Town and Country" magazine.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...alexandra-evekink-engagement-wedding-details/

Sounds like a well-matched couple. Both very much involved in worldwide humanitarian issues and truly contributing something.

Here is Sophie's page at Oxford University. Various sources report that she is Dutch-Canadian and was born in Singapore, so most likely used to an international lifestyle. She did her Bachelor's at UCL (London) and Master's in Oxford; and worked at the UN in New York for 7 years; and also worked for the World Health Organization in Geneva. Her fiancé spends much of his time in Africa (according to his father who is happy he lately started spending some more time in Bavaria).

Based on one of her tweets it seems that she studied in Lincoln College (in Oxford); if I am not mistaken that is princess Elisabeth's current college!

Last edited:
Isn’t Sophie from a particiate/patrician family from the Netherlands?

Isn’t Sophie from a particiate/patrician family from the Netherlands?

There is indeed an Evekink family listed among the Dutch patriciate. The genealogy of that family has not been updated in the blue book since the 1950s so it will be difficult totrace exactly how she will fit in.

Back
Top Bottom