Does Iñaki have a title?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Gentry
Alexandria said:
You're welcome, Duke.

Cristina and Inaki met at the Salt Lake City Olympics. She was part of the Spanish contingent who went to support the Spanish athletes. After Inaki's team won a game, he and the other players went to shake her hand and the hands of the other Spanish govenment members in attendance. As a group they (Cristina's Greek cousin Alexia was also there with her) had dinner to celebrate the Spanish win. Cristina and Inaki started talking and realized they had a lot in common and after returning to Spain they started dating.

My understanding is that it was a fairly 'whirlwind' romance. Cristina had felt a bit of pressure from her father to get married as she was in her early thirties (I think only 31 or 32) and after the marriage of her sister Elena in 1995, her father had remarked to her when was she going to get married? Her reply was that one day she was going to "surprise" him.

I am not sure how many people knew they were actually dating. (Maybe people felt that he was "young" for her? But only by a couple of years, which is no big deal, IMO.) I think the presumption was that they had met at the Olympics but because of their mutual interest in sports they had a common bond so it was just a friendship.

oh.... how much is he younger than her? Anyway i think they make a nice couple!!! ;) By the way, Does Inaki has any title or what??

Last edited by a moderator:
Duke said:
oh.... how much is he younger than her? Anyway i think they make a nice couple!!! ;) By the way, Does Inaki has any title or what??

Duke, after Inaki and Christina's wedding, the King granted them the title of Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca...so he's the duke of Palma de Mallorca. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by sweetbrown@Apr 19th, 2004 - 6:37 pm
Cristina and Inaki met at the Salt Lake City Olympics.

This is incorrect. They met in 1996 at the Atlanta Olympics. Iñaki is three years younger than Cristina.
Thanks for the correction; I couldn't remember which Olympic game it was, but I knew it was a summer one in the U.S.

Also as an additional note, Inaki was made a (the?) Duke of Palma Mallorca on his wedding day, but he is not a Duke in his own right. The King actually extended the title to his daughter, and by association, her daughter's husband received the title. Should Cristina and Inaki divorce ( :cry: ) Inaki would be stripped of the Duke title. (I hope this isn't the case as I like them a lot, too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom