Danish State Visit to Sweden: May 6 - 7, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Muhler for this information. Scary but makes sense in this day and age.

Frederik inspecting the crew before abandoning the Royal Dannebrog. Frederik and Mary will fly home (Frederik has an event tomorrow morning)
What a sight; I hope they will continue to use the royal ship for years to come.

Frederik and Mary heading to the Royal Palace for the farewell event
https://eu-img-cdn.livecenter.com/lc-images-2021/lcimg-ccdb8544-8de8-4d32-96fb-6b3b12845544.jpeg

Fortunately there is not even a whisper of decommissioning Dannebrog. Anyone suggesting that would commit a political own goal, she is a great crowd-pleaser and a beautiful ambassador for Denmark. - Apart from being very practical.
No need to find accommodation for FX&QM and entourage. No need to find and hire a venue for the return dinner. The ship is very easy to protect.
And after a long and hard day state-visiting, FX&QM can put their feet up in what are their own living rooms with no fear of being bugged.

The state visit has ended with farewells at the Royal Palace. Victoria and Daniel left with Frederik and Mary to the airport, Frederik drove with Victoria and Daniel with Mary.

The Swedish Royal Court about the second day
The Royal Family said goodbye to the King and Queen of Denmark at the Hall of Mirrors.

Nordiska Museet at its Instagram
"Yesterday we were visited by the royal couple of Sweden and Denmark, together with the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel who took part in "Nordbor", our new permanent exhibition about life in the Nordics for 500 years. To the singing of Danmarks Radio's "girl choir", the King of Denmark also planted an apple tree, a "Gråsten gul" in memory of the state visit in the museum's backyard."

Victoria inaugurated the "Nordbor" exhibition on February 7.

Last edited:
A wonderful State Visit.

Carl Gustaf had a little fun and couldnt help but give some pointers to Frederik during the planting of the tree
:lol:

Video from inside the Dannebrog today,
"Thank you, Sweden
The royal couple had this evening invited the Swedish Royal Family and guests to a reception on the Royal Ship Dannebrog.
The return event marked the end of the Royal Couple's state visit to Sweden 🇸🇪🤝🇩🇰"

Last edited:
Perfect , but two details for the King of Denmark fot the next State Visit :
1. Not Talking with the Queen during the State Banquet with his Elbows on the table!
2. While sitting for a photoshot , not with legs wide apart, King Carl Gustav is sitting with legs closed.

Thank you one and all for all the photos and comments posted. It was a right royal treat.
In Sweden the media and people are very interested in state visits, so there are a lot of photos to be looked at.

Video by SPA
Videos by Dutch Press Photo Agency

Last edited:
Sounds very plausible to me. Because that means she is a minimum of 5-6 hours sailing from Stockholm.

(..)
When I look at the map it seems like quite a close distance for the royal ship to navigate back and forth. For us is like a 6 hr. car trip from where we live in NY, USA to Niagara Falls by the Canadian border. I can only imagine the amazing views they had on the way to the Stockholm and back.

When I look at the map it seems like quite a close distance for the royal ship to navigate back and forth. For us is like a 6 hr. car trip from where we live in NY, USA to Niagara Falls by the Canadian border. I can only imagine the amazing views they had on the way to the Stockholm and back.

They flew back to Denmark as Frederik had an engagement this morning. I don't doubt the scenery on the way there was stunning, though!

Carl Philip and Sofia have shared some nice pictures on their Instagram

From the Danish Girls Chorus

Nice video of the return banquet from the DRF's Instagram page

The music is most appropriate!😉

It's the spontaneous personal interactions that intrigues me. It's good to see Daniel and CP obviously having a close and warm relationship.
The coffee set used is almost legendary in DK. It's been used for several generations in various forms of price-ranges. This of course being in the highest range. I'll go as far as to say it's the national coffee-set-pattern. Both Mrs. Muhler and I grew up with this set. Back then we didn't think about it because it was so common. But you have no idea how popular it has become again over the past twenty years! Nor can you guess who got such a set for our silver anniversary...

Particular thanks to LadyFinn.
Especially great to watch the live coverage all the way down here in Australia … as it happened!
Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Videos

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom