Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan and Miss Rajwa Khalid Alseif: June 1, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As royal watchers, we are all eager to see ALL the royals. There are a few firsts today: not only the Prince and Princess of Wales, but also Princess Elisabeth of Belgium and Princess Amalia, attending a royal wedding for the first time, so it is going to be exciting for so many reasons.

I am sure the reason why there hasn't been an official announcement for the Wales' till this morning (and the royal reporter who did kinda implied it wasn't supposed to be revealed until later today) is because of security as well as not hyping it and stealing the couple's thunder.

Hopefully their attendance today will signal a new pattern in which the Prince and Prince of Wales will be the default UK representatives at overseas royal events in King Charles III's reign.

But with not announcing it, it was also hyped
I don't agree. People just assumed they were not going, per usual. It was only yesterday people found out a RAF plane was flying from Norfolk to Jordan. It's not their fault radio amateurs tracked the radio signal.

Live streaming the wedding

JRTV (state broadcaster)

Alternative (in case they show different footage)

Al-Mamlaka TV (public broadcaster)

Roya TV

If you have Facebook account (I don't), it seems the royal house will also live stream it on their account.

Last edited:
I don't agree. People just assumed they were not going, per usual. It was only yesterday people found out a RAF plane was flying from Norfolk to Jordan. It's not their fault radio amateurs tracked the radio signal.

But then no toher Royal House has a Problem with announcing it before. But the Brits always have to be an expectation. And there even Kings attending who also have high security

When the wedding starts around in CET?

But then no toher Royal House has a Problem with announcing it before. But the Brits always have to be an expectation. And there even Kings attending who also have high security
Can you compare the level of attention, Brits have worldwide to the one of let's say, Belgians? With all due respect, it is completely different. CP Victoria can fly commercial from Vienna and nobody notices until someone took a picture on the plane, but the Wales taking off from anywhere in the world would create a huge mess for security and press wanting to take a shot of them departing.

Bild magazine was on the same flight with crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel, Austrian Airlines flight OS853 from Vienna to Amman.

They sat at the front. Many guests were amazed that the royals were on board. BILD was also on the plane. When Victoria walked into the plane as the last guest, she looked around, saw familiar faces and said to the room with a laugh: "Ok, I think we all want to go to the same event". Sitting behind them was former US Secretary of State John Kerry. The couple were very cordial to each other during their time above the clouds. Victoria and Daniel laughed, leafing through the in-flight magazine together. He kept checking on her as she fell asleep.
Victoria von Schweden und Prinz Daniel_ Schweden-Royals fliegen Linie nach ... _ Unterhaltung _ BILD.de

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel flew Austrian Airlines to Jordan, and there were others on the flight. Including John Kerry, Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, why is he invited to everything???

Kerry could have caught a ride with Jill Biden. Apparently, along with daughter Ashley and one of Jill’s sister, Paul Pelosi was also on the plane???

Last edited:
This is weird. Why is she not given away by her father or a brother?

Her father is presiding the ceremony as guardian, alongside The King. No clue about her brother.

Anyway I am bit perplexed by W&C flying private. Shouldn’t they lead by example with all their environmental concerns? However, I understand the security issue.

Last edited:
This is weird. Why is she not given away by her father or a brother?

It is an old custom where the groom's relatives go to the house of the bride's father to take her to her husband.

It is an old custom where the groom's relatives go to the house of the bride's father to take her to her husband.

It's also the Hashemite way, IIRC, Rania has at least one brother, but it was Faisal who gave her away.

Victoria and Daniel flew Austrian Airlines to Jordan, and there were others on the flight. Including John Kerry, Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, why is he invited to everything???

Kerry could have caught a ride with Jill Biden. Apparently, along with daughter Ashley, and one of Jill’s sister, Paul Pelosi was also on the plane???
I assume he couldn't have caught a ride with FLOTUS because he was in Vienna and she was leaving from Washington.

Anyway, while he was Secretary of State during the Obama administration, he enlisted King Abdullah's help in trying to broker Israeli-Palestinian peace talks. If he's invited to the wedding, I would assume it's because he and the King built friendly relations during that time.

Anyway I am bit perplexed by W&C flying private. Shouldn’t they lead by example with all their environmental concerns? However, I understand the security issue.
If they were going on vacation or traveling to something like the Earthshot Prize that's a personal project rather than an official one, I would agree. But I don't have any issue with them flying government transport when they're representing their country in an official capacity.

Last edited:
Her father is presiding the ceremony as guardian, alongside The King. No clue about her brother.

I would think all trips to the Middle East are classed as high security, and that that's why they flew privately.

(...)

They flew commercial for their family holiday few years ago, right? But then again, back then nobody knew that they were heading to Jordan when the whole family were spotted at Heathrow.

Speaking about flying commercial, it is said that there'll be tiara event, so if CP Victoria flew commercial from Vienna, how's the logistic for her tiara, dress, etc?

Would someone “in the know” post the link to the best place to watch the wedding? I’m a bit confused with all the links. Thanks so much!:flowers:

Did Queen Sofia use a Spanish Air Force plane? I know King Felipe and Queen Letizia normally don't fly commercially on official trips, but I don't know what the rules are now for the Queen Emerita.

Thank you for that. I was unaware of the custom and tradition.

They could've flown commercially. Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel did as has several guests attending the wedding.
Jordan is a very safe and stable country in the Middle East as evidence by the couple taking their family there oom vacation.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: :previous:
Livestream in English

Princess Alia being interviewed and showing off the Palace (it was recorded in advance). Photos of baby Rajwa were also shown, what a cute child!

Last edited:
Speaking about flying commercial, it is said that there'll be tiara event, so if CP Victoria flew commercial from Vienna, how's the logistic for her tiara, dress, etc?

I believe they request for dresses to be hung or they or maybe they send them in advance to some place (Embassy?) to be ironed and be ready to be worn.

Regarding tiaras, I believe they keep them close to hands. When Sarah Ferguson “lost” her parure, I recall reading that they told her not to pack them in checked-in luggage.

Being them royal, I don’t think they are checked at security points for diplomatic reasons. But I am just guessing.

The tiara in a lockbox handcuffed to a bodyguard and the gown in its own seat. ? JK More likely in a closet up front.

It seems like the photo taker was across the aisle from them. A staff could have sat next to Daniel or behind them, unless John Kerry was right behind them, or elsewhere if there were other first class passengers. Actually I don’t know what kind of first class the plane has or who was the photo taker to sit there.

I believe they request for dresses to be hung or they or maybe they send them in advance to some place (Embassy?) to be ironed and be ready to be worn.

Regarding tiaras, I believe they keep them close to hands. When Sarah Ferguson “lost” her parure, I recall reading that they told her not to pack them in checked-in luggage.

Being them royal, I don’t think they are checked at security points for diplomatic reasons. But I am just guessing.
Maria Vladimirovna had her tiara in her handbag when she went to Tirana for the wedding of Leka & Elia.

Last edited:
Maria Vladimirovna had her tiara in her handbag when she went to Tirana for the wedding of Leka & Elia.
Understandable, given that her tiaras are made of non-precious stones.

I’m watching the live but it seems like nothing is being shown. Not the venue nor the guest. Shouldn’t it start in 5mins?

Livestream in English

OMG English!!! This translator is translating everything! LOL It seems like all the channels, including the JRF YouTube, are showing the same feed.

Thanks again for the English translation! I thought the ceremony was starting at 9:00 am EST which is 4:00 pm in Jordan? Or maybe my math is incorrect?:lol:

They flew commercial for their family holiday few years ago, right? But then again, back then nobody knew that they were heading to Jordan when the whole family were spotted at Heathrow.

After Sep 11, the government required that Charles, as heir to the throne, not fly commercial, and use private planes from a security perspective. I presume the same rules are now in place for William.

Victoria's jewellery would have been carried by her team of attendants, who, discretely, would have boader the plane before the Crown Prince & Princess.

Back
Top Bottom