Chateau de Caix, Cahors, France

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always think the Chateau is a beautiful place for the family to relax. That yellow rose bush has no thorns, my neighbour has it and it spreads over the fence into my place so I can enjoy its beauty. It doesn't mind a severe pruning either.

I like this much better than the modern holiday villas of some royals. It appeals to my idea about royal life on the countryside, rather than jet-setting in Marbella or on a fancy Greek island.

Note that the French president has such holiday châteaux as well: the Fort de Brégançon near Borme-les-Mimosas in the Provence and the pavillon on the Domaine de Marly near Versailles.

I like that more than an 2020 glass appartment in Monte-Carlo,
with rooftop pool and héliport, with the interior decorated by the most fancy interior architects. Brrrr.

I very much like the efforts of the Danish royals to live in historic patrimonium.

Last edited:
Wow I hadn't realised how big the Chateau seemed to be until I saw that aerial picture, its quite a summer retreat!

Wow I hadn't realised how big the Chateau seemed to be until I saw that aerial picture, its quite a summer retreat!
I have a feeling that the inside of the house is smaller than it looks. As we can see in this clip from a TV cooking show the kitchen isn't really that large at all.

Denmark gave all to Prince Henrik and he was so ungrateful , most at the end of his life when Maxima , Letitzia and Mathilde became Queens Consort

Denmark gave all to Prince Henrik and he was so ungrateful, most at the end of his life when Maxima, Letitzia and Mathilde became Queens Consort

I recall his temper in his later years was cause by other problems and even remember reading the Queen 'retired' him from the public when his condition became more obvious. One issue I remember reading was him complaining of not being named 'king', but it could have been when his mind started to go, and he verbalized what frustration was in his mind from decades.

That aside, the place looks great for a royal escapade.

Back
Top Bottom