Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it is Harrys name... and they could have picked some patriotic American name from M's side of the family....

Patriotic American name?

Like Abraham (Lincoln) , since George (Washington) is already in use?:D

Archie's christening will be announced I'm sure, though he's still quite young to be christened. It depends on the parents and their "age preference" I guess.

Last edited:
Prince Louis was 11 weeks old when he was christened.

Prince Louis was 11 weeks old when he was christened.

Yes, I know. I had two articles open at the time when I was double checking Louis’s age as my memory was slightly hazy so must have gotten carried away. Mea culpa [emoji57]

But it is Harry's name... and they could have picked some patriotic American name from M's side of the family....
You might think that, but his entire life he has been called Harry, he introduces himself as Harry, that is who he thinks he is.

Henry is a name on a piece of paper with nothing to do with him. I guess that's why it really throws me off when someone insists on calling him Henry, a name by which he is not universally known. It might matter if he was the heir, but he's not.

I think the christening will in late July or early August, before the Queen goes to Scotland. Probably at St George's. I hope we'll get some official pictures, and finally get to see the baby's face properly.

Of course it's possible the Queen won't attend the christening. She didn't attend Louis's.

Im sure there are many traditional American names....

Traditional American names? Do you mean Native American? Or names like George which come from other cultures like the UK originally. Not very many 'traditional' American names not deeply entrenched in places like Europe.

Actually if we want a Patriotic nod, Harrison is just that. As well as to Harry.

There were 2 US presidents, William Henry and Benjamin Harrison (grandfather and grandson). The Simpsons will always make me remember William Henry.

Benjamin Harrison was actually known as a supporter of civil rights. He tried enacting laws to protect the civil rights of African Americans.

Benjamin was named after his great-grandfather, Benjamin Harrison V, a signer of the declaration of independence. William Henry was a younger son, his older brother was Benjamin Harrison VI. The Harrison family was full of politicians of different forms.

I think the christening will in late July or early August, before the Queen goes to Scotland. Probably at St George's. I hope we'll get some official pictures, and finally get to see the baby's face properly.

Of course it's possible the Queen won't attend the christening. She didn't attend Louis's.

I think as he is Harry's first child, the queen and Philip will attend his baptism. They attended Mia's baptism.

I would be shocked if we don't get official portraits. Harry and Meghan are not private citizens. They may keep the christening more under wraps like his birth, but they released photos then.

I still think it will be like the Wessex kids. A private baptism, but with the photos and information made public after.

Last edited:
You might think that, but his entire life he has been called Harry, he introduces himself as Harry, that is who he thinks he is.

Henry is a name on a piece of paper with nothing to do with him. I guess that's why it really throws me off when someone insists on calling him Henry, a name by which he is not universally known. It might matter if he was the heir, but he's not.

For all we know, Harry could have always wished his name was short for Harrison instead of Henry.

For all we know, they for some reason liked the name Harrison because they heard it somewhere and liked it, and didn't realise it could be interpreted as Harry's son until someone else mentioned it :lol:

For all we know, they for some reason liked the name Harrison because they heard it somewhere and liked it, and didn't realise it could be interpreted as Harry's son until someone else mentioned it :lol:

They are both quite intelligent people, I highly doubt the fact the name literally means son of Harry somehow went over their head :lol:

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebr...y-archie-life-maternity-leave-details/?utm_so

Unsurprisingly, Meghan and Harry are enjoying these happy family times at Frogmore with Archie, amidst occasional visits by family and friends.

"One family member shared, '[Archie] is the cutest little thing I’ve ever seen. They couldn’t be happier.' The new parents are also enjoying lovely long walks within the Frogmore Cottage grounds with Baby Archie. The couple love the privacy their Windsor home affords them. It's everything they hoped and, according to a trusted confidant, is 'providing the family with so much happiness!'"

Speculation that Archie's Christening will be in July at Windsor;
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...-with-tradition-for-archies-baptism-mzhqrbvnd

Royal exclusive: Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor will be baptised early July in Windsor. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are thought to have chosen a host of transatlantic friends as godparents. But the Queen will miss Archie’s big day @thesundaytimes

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are due to attend baby Archie’s christening, together with Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland who is also expected to travel from California to stay with the Sussexes for her grandson’s baptism #Archie

the queen will miss it?

I don't believe the information as to whether HM will attend the christening or not is in the public domain. However, HM attended George and Charlotte's, but not Louis' christenings, so who knows.

If the Queen is at Balmoral by then (can’t remember if she goes July or Aug) then I can see her missing it. Wasn’t she at Sandringham when Louis was Christened in London?

It will be interesting to see which celebrities get invited to the christening. Oprah, Gayle, the Clooney's, Beckhams?

Roya has been known to get things wrong so I hope she is wrong about HM missing Harry's first child's christening especially she has attended all other ones except Louis.

I doubt the Beckhams will be involved because the women are not close. I doubt Amal would be as she is not a Christian. Oprah and Gayle King are long shots. I doubt any of the godparents will be celebs as Meghan has friends she is close to who are not celebs.

From Harry's side, I will be surprised if any of the Glosse Posse set will be included given their penchant to talk to tabloids regarding how they feel about Meghan. We might see a Spencer relative or two.

Roya has been known to get things wrong so I hope she is wrong about HM missing Harry's first child's christening especially she has attended all other ones except Louis.

I doubt the Beckhams will be involved because the women are not close. I doubt Amal would be as she is not a Christian. Oprah and Gayle King are long shots. I doubt any of the godparents will be celebs as Meghan has friends she is close to who are not celebs.

I was not talking about potential godparents to Archie, merely who the guests to the christening might be.

From Harry's side, I will be surprised if any of the Glosse Posse set will be included given their penchant to talk to tabloids regarding how they feel about Meghan.

Do they? Or is it just speculation?

IMO, Meghan's friends are more likely to communicate with the media or through social media.

If the Queen is at Balmoral by then (can’t remember if she goes July or Aug) then I can see her missing it. Wasn’t she at Sandringham when Louis was Christened in London?

HM tends to go up to Balmoral towards the end of July.

Last edited by a moderator:
But this year she needs probably to wait a bit because of the new PM.

The new PM should be in place by the end of July, so that should not delay HM inordinately.

I hoep she will go to Archie's christening.. He is her grandson's first child..Or they could have the christening privately at Balmoral...

They are both quite intelligent people, I highly doubt the fact the name literally means son of Harry somehow went over their head :lol:

I can't imagine that they just "chose the name because they like the sound of it.." and didn't think that it means "harry's son"....

I was not talking about potential godparents to Archie, merely who the guests to the christening might be.

Do they? Or is it just speculation?

IMO, Meghan's friends are more likely to communicate with the media or through social media.

Lizzie Cundy was on Talk Radio being interviewed by Dan Wootton promoting her book. She had spoken to Adam Bidwell (did not mention name but was stupid enough to describe him) and he said Meghan made Harry drop all of his old friends. Harry's non celeb friends are very connected people so they know people that work in the media. Hence all of the negative press surrounding Meghan. Only a handful of Meghan's friends have spoken to the media and it was in defence of Meghan which I can't blame them for.

I doubt the christening will be a celebfest unless they are godparents. Christenings are usually private.

Speculation that Archie's Christening will be in July at Windsor;
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...-with-tradition-for-archies-baptism-mzhqrbvnd
Sounds like nothing more than some educated guesswork. Especially since she mentioned Jessica. Clearly, she didn’t get that from a source and isn’t aware Jessica is Jewish.

It will be interesting to see which celebrities get invited to the christening. Oprah, Gayle, the Clooney's, Beckhams?

Why would anyone other than godparents and close family be invited? This is a christening. Not a wedding or regular get together.

I hope we will get to see plenty of pix of the cutie !

Sounds like nothing more than some educated guesswork. Especially since she mentioned Jessica. Clearly, she didn’t get that from a source and isn’t aware Jessica is Jewish.

Why would anyone other than godparents and close family be invited? This is a christening. Not a wedding or regular get together.

Friends can attend chrsitenings ...

I hope we will get to see plenty of pix of the cutie !
Unlikely....

Friends can attend chrsitenings ...

Personally, not something I’d travel for unless I’m the godparent. Even if I’m close to the parents. It’s just not an occasion for huge celebrations. And yes, I would travel for a baby shower and to visit the baby at a mutually convenient time.

Last edited:

Close friends are often invited to christenings in the UK. Also, as Meghan does not appear to be on speaking terms to any family other than her mother, it would not be unusual for her to invite some of her friends to what is a very key event in the life of her first born child.

Personally, not something I’d travel for unless I’m the godparent. Even if I’m close to the parents. It’s just not an occasion for huge celebrations. And yes, I would travel for a baby shower and to visit the baby at a mutually convenient time.

And that, to some extent, lays out the cultural divide. For a lot of people in the UK, the christening is indeed a big event in the life of the child, whilst the baby shower is not. Things in the US are different. No right or wrong way, just a different way.

Close friends are often invited to christenings in the UK. Also, as Meghan does not appear to be on speaking terms to any family other than her mother, it would not be unusual for her to invite some of her friends to what is a very key event in the life of her first born child.

And yet, it wasn’t the people that’s closest to her named. Like Benita Litt or Lindsay Jill Roth. So pardon me if I didn’t see that as a comment about her cloesest and dearest. Perhaps the two additional people I can see at the christening who has no chance of being godparents are Lindsay and Jessica. Moreso Lindsay as she lives in UK unless she’s traveling for work.

And certainly, the Beckhams aren’t even from her side as much as people try to put that on her at the wedding. They’ve long had a relationship with the princes and were also invited to the Cambridge wedding in 2011.

And that, to some extent, lays out the cultural divide. For a lot of people in the UK, the christening is indeed a big event in the life of the child, whilst the baby shower is not. Things in the US are different. No right or wrong way, just a different way.

I didn’t say it wasn’t a big event, as in important, in US. It’s just mostly a private event. The christening is an event for the child, although more so a decision made by parents, whereas the baby shower is about celebrating the first time a woman is about to become a mother. And since my direct relationship is with the parent, that’s where I’d more likely go. Different for godparents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom