Belgian Royal Christmas

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The friend's name is Simba!

Wonderful Family photo for the Christmas Card and love the dogs too!

:wreath: This is one of the most charming family portraits that I've seen of the Belgian royals.

Are the Cards of Astrid /Lorenz or Laurent/Claire ever published?

I like how the dogs are resting quite comfortably. Are they thinking about dog biscuits?

They are such a striking family, all very beautiful/handsome.

What an absolutely stunning crown Princess the Belgians have. Elisabeth is a showstopper, and Eléonore is not far behind. Loveliness all around.

What an absolutely stunning crown Princess the Belgians have. Elisabeth is a showstopper, and Eléonore is not far behind. Loveliness all around.

It would be so nice if there were a Belgian state visit to the UK in the next two years while Elisabeth is still at Oxford and both she and her mother could be at the state dinner at Buckingham Palace. Unfortunately it is probably not going to happen.

Wonderful to see them all at the annual Christmas Concert,pity that Astrid or Queen Paola were not in the line up this year.

This is a very lovely photo for 2023.

IMO the various royal families opt for group photos that can be used for any occasion, not just specific holidays.

This is a very lovely photo for 2023.

IMO the various royal families opt for group photos that can be used for any occasion, not just specific holidays.

In the past they've had more Christmas-sy photos, but with Elisabeth being in the UK most of the time and Gabriel at the Military Academy as well, they have lesser opportunities to gather and have a photoshoot, hence why I think they are opting for a single photoshoot to take all the photos they need.

Although the photo doesn't blow me away, I do think it's a nice one.
And re-enacting the 2013 photo is a fun idea in itself, considering King Philippe's 10-year anniversary.

The children have all grown so much.

All four kids are incredibly good looking but then again you look at their parents and grandparents and yeah, they won the genetic lottery ?

Due to the current renovation works at the facade of the Royal Palace there will be no Christmas concert this year!

Instead the family - including King Philippe, Queen Mathilde, Princess Elisabeth, Prince Emmanuel and Princesse Eléonore - will host a reception on December 19 for around 100 "Volunteers, employees or people supported by different social organizations with whom the King and Queen have come into contact in recent years".

** monarchie: Réception au Palais Royal **

Due to the current renovation works at the facade of the Royal Palace there will be no Christmas concert this year!

Instead the family - including King Philippe, Queen Mathilde, Princess Elisabeth, Prince Emmanuel and Princesse Eléonore - will host a reception on December 19 for around 100 "Volunteers, employees or people supported by different social organizations with whom the King and Queen have come into contact in recent years".

That's a really wonderful and just before Christmas too!

A pity they couldn't move the concert to Laeken but a great initiative to meet the volunteers. The renovation is much needed.

Sad news regarding the concert, but I'm pleased that the BRF will be hosting the reception.

Yes but they still use it to host State Banquets which are part of State Visits. A bit of a contradiction.

Indeed. State Banquets almost always take place at Laeken and not the Royal Palace. And they use it also for a lot of other receptions etc. so strange that they have not moved the Christmas Concert there for this year.
And why can they not host the Concert at the Palace when it is the Facade who is renovated. Or are there also renovations inside the Royal Palace?

Indeed. State Banquets almost always take place at Laeken and not the Royal Palace. And they use it also for a lot of other receptions etc. so strange that they have not moved the Christmas Concert there for this year.
And why can they not host the Concert at the Palace when it is the Facade who is renovated. Or are there also renovations inside the Royal Palace?

I guess it is not just the facade which is being renovated. But there could have been other options: Laeken, even the Bozar would have been an alternative.
Sure, the reception with the volunteers is a good thing, but there should be room for both.

Back
Top Bottom