Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is correct, Ingrid did add the Aigrette to the trust. So Mary can now use it at her will.
Very practical of the late Queen , she witnessed the dispersal of pretty much the entire Belgian collection , through marriage or sale . The Royal Family is lucky they went down the Netherlands route . Thankyou for the information .

Very practical of the late Queen , she witnessed the dispersal of pretty much the entire Belgian collection , through marriage or sale . The Royal Family is lucky they went down the Netherlands route . Thankyou for the information .
The Danes did not go down the Netherland route where different ladies from the family have access to the pot of jewellery. The Danes merely created a pot that are held in trust for the monarch.

That said, Ingrid also gave away 4 tiaras to Benedikte and Anne-Marie, which did reduce the size and scale of the Danish royal jewellery collection.

Last edited:
I don't remember if the Ladies wore tiaras inside the Church for a Royal Greece Wedding ?

That said, Ingrid also gave away 4 tiaras to Benedikte and Anne-Marie, which did reduce the size and scale of the Danish royal jewellery collection.
But 2 of these 4 were new created tiaras and the other 2 where pieces she brought with her from Sweden

Queen Ingrid put it in the entailed Trust of Jewels etc. which is for the use of the sovereign at some point.
Interesting, she did that for the Floral Aigrette Tiara, but then bequeathed the ruby parure to Frederik keeping it private property. Hopefully, Ingrid had a strong hankering for the parure to be worn by her beloved grandson's wife but then made it clear that it should ultimately end up in the trust.

Just to clarify, can jewels in the trust be worn by any royal the monarch designates, or are all or certain ones earmarked for the monarch or consort?

Just to clarify, can jewels in the trust be worn by any royal the monarch designates, or are all or certain ones earmarked for the monarch or consort?
Not sure about the regulations about the Jewels in the Trust. For the coronations in 1937 and 1953 the pearl Parure was given to then Crown Princess Ingrid and Princess Margaretha to wear so it seems it is net set in stone that the Jewels can only worn by the Queen of the Day

For the Danish State Visit to Germany in October, I guess Mary wearing her Edwardian Ruby Tiara

I really hope she will be wearing something more substantial than that. The floral tiara would be wonderful, esp. as the piece has a German provenance as it belonged to the Mecklenburg family. Alternatively the Orange/Nassau tiara would be a good choice, as it was made in Berlin.

For the Danish State Visit to Germany in October, I guess Mary wearing her Edwardian Ruby Tiara
Has the German visit been upgraded to a state visit, or is it an official visit only?

There will be a SV from Finland to Norway in October. Here are my guesses:

Sonja: Emerald Parure tiara
Mette Marie: Diamond Daisy tiara
Astrid: Aigrette tiara

Unless Count Ingolf has specified otherwise, it will go to his niece’s as they are his closest living relatives…

We will never know for sure until after he and his wife (who is 10 years younger than him) has passed…. Unless someone asks him directly
Count Ingolf has no children he has nieces buts thats it.

We are so used to the thought of the danish monarch having 2 sons and no daughters, and no need to give anything to anyone until her sons married… Now that obviously has to change as the new danish monarch has 2 sons and 2 daughters…

There are several ways of doing that… And pending that the Nasuut and Baden Palmette Tiaras, and the Daisy Bandeau comes back to the main line after Margrethe has moved in at Roskilde Cathedral, wich hopefully won’t happen yet for many years, i think either of the following scenarios are the most likely to occur…

One way to do that (and the best way in my opinion) is to buy 18:th birthday tiaras to Isabella and Josephine, and a wedding tiara for a possible future wife of Vincent… That would be tiaras that would be theirs and that can be passed down in their families…

That would allow them to share Mary’s Wedding Tiara and Mary’s Diamond and Spinel Tiara between each other.

I fully expect Isabella and Josephine to borrow the Khedive Tiara if they marries to continue the family tradition…

Another way would be that Mary’s Wedding Tiara becomes Isabella’s 18:th Birthday Tiara, and Mary’s Diamond and Spinel Tiara becomes Josephine’s 18:th Birthday Tiara… Or vice versa… That would then by all likelyhood result in those 2 tiaras leaving the royal family in the future…. And tbh, that’s the way the Danish RF has handled the tiara-question so far, so i would not at all be surprised if that’s how it will be…. But slightly dissapointed as divorces and a new Alexandra-situation cannot be ruled out…

For a future wife of Christian, who will ultimately become Crown Princess, and likely later Queen, there is no risk of any tiara leaving the royal family… I can imagine a new wedding tiara being bought… A diamond tiara with previous danish royal history would be nice… Then i can imagine the Ruby Parure being handed over by Frederik… Maybe also the Turquoise Daisy Bandeau from Margrethe to get something from her…

That would give a new Crown Princess 3 tiaras of various size’s, all with previous danish royal history.

And it would still leave Queen Mary with exclusive access to 6 tiaras even after her children are married… The Emerald Tiara, The Pearl Poire Tiara, The Floral Aigrette Tiara, The Nasuut Tiara and the Baden Palmette Tiara from the royal vault… And she also has the exclusive right to wear the Ole Lyngaard Midnight Tiara.
could margethe possibly gift he grand daughters?

Back
Top Bottom