Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events Part 9 (Jan 2019 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So cute to see Queen Paola and Princess Claire wearing matching colours, King Albert seemed to be in excellent spirits! Lovely.

The youngest is the only one home, and she was up to the challenge!
More photos

I just saw in live the arrival of Pope François , Head of the State of the Vatican, in Belgium. Two persons one was the Nonce Apostolique welcomed him inside the airplane . Then the King an the Queen arrived and welcomed the Pope coming out of the airplane in his Wheelchair. He wanted to stand for the 2 national Hymnes . Very short presentations and the Pope went to the House of the Ambassador of the Vatican in Brussels and the tradition is that he will sleep in the Ambassador's personal Bed. He needs rest after this long Day.

I saw in live , The King spoke with emotion in our 3 languages, the Prime Minister about politic in the world in 2 languages.
The Pope spoke in Italian and I am waiting the debrieving during the news at 1 pm.
I will not write anymore on the Royal Forums because the highlight in Belgium goes about the catholic abusors in the past. Their Victims (15) will be received by the Pope this afternoon , each may speak 2 minutes because of the translations and it is not interesting for a Royal and Fashion Forum. Its place is on the Pope thread and not the on Royal family thread.

Last edited:
Delighted to see Paola and Albert in attendance as well, hoping to see Astrid and Lorenz on Sunday too.

Also, isn't great to see the Hussars in full force in Laeken? More often pls.

All of this, however, is clearly outshined by the King's speech, addressing the abuses commited by the church. The Belgians must be proud of their King.

Back
Top Bottom