Princess Theodora of Greece and Matthew Kumar - 28 Sept. 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's farfetched. Felipe is a grown-a** adult and he chose to not attend, it's his decision. Even if the absence is Letizia's preference/suggestion, Felipe agreed it.

Funny to see Letizia always being blamed for Felipe's action especially when it related to his own family, like he's a person with zero points of view and judgement. Always the wife's fault huh?
I don't think the issue is gender-specific as you imply. It is not uncommon for people to distance themselves from parents and siblings when their spouses don't get along with their in-laws. In this case, it just happens that Felipe is the husband and Letizia is the wife, but if the genders were swapped, the argument and the issue would still be the same.

Just wondering if the tradition of something old, something new etc is followed? And that’s why the Land Rover was the wedding car? Its got a personalised British number plate which probably stands for King of Greece so it would have been her dad’s? Its a nice gesture if it is

I noticed how much Matthew loved the media attention he got, especially when he entered the church. He posed and posed ...
Matthew was exactly the opposite when leaving the Archbishop's Residence on Thursday with Theo and the queen. He came off as terse bordering on rude. He has never given me the impression of enjoying the spotlight especially during the observances around the death and funeral of King Constantine.

I like to think that on his wedding day he was simply relieved and happy and eager to accommodate the request for photos and waves.

As for the "black cloud" that Marlene Koenig describes.. the legal mess exists for him but Matthew Kumar has been in Theo's life for close to a decade. If he was as tricky as some people think, pressure would have been put on him by the GRF, their attorneys and their powerful allies to get lost. That hasn't happened. Far from it. Pavlos, Anne-Marie and everyone else seems completely relaxed and even warm in his presence. Queen Sophia is
not one for tricksters and she also seems to like him a lot.

Theo isn't exactly a naive ingenue. She is a woman just entering middle age who has lived in worldly Los Angeles Southern California, a fraudster's paradise if there ever was one. Believe me I know.🙄
I guess we just have to trust that she knows the man she has brought into life and family.

Matthew was exactly the opposite when leaving the Archbishop's Residence on Thursday with Theo and the queen. He came off as terse bordering on rude. He has never given me the impression of enjoying the spotlight especially during the observances around the death and funeral of King Constantine.

I like to think that on his wedding day he was simply relieved and happy and eager to accommodate the request for photos and waves.

As for the "black cloud" that Marlene Koenig describes.. the legal mess exists for him but Matthew Kumar has been in Theo's life for close to a decade. If he was as tricky as some people think, pressure would have been put on him by the GRF, their attorneys and their powerful allies to get lost. That hasn't happened. Far from it. Pavlos, Anne-Marie and everyone else seems completely relaxed and even warm in his presence. Queen Sophia is
not one for tricksters and she also seems to like him a lot.

Theo isn't exactly a naive ingenue. She is a woman just entering middle age who has lived in worldly Los Angeles Southern California, a fraudster's paradise if there ever was one. Believe me I know.🙄
I guess we just have to trust that she knows the man she has brought into life and family.
Besides, even if Matthew Kumar were a fraudster and a crook (I am not saying that he is or is not), it is not like he would have much to gain by marrying Theodora. She is from a deposed royal family that has no political power or privilege anywhere in the world (on the contrary, in their own home country, their civil rights were actually abridged or denied). And I don't think Theodora is personally wealthy or famous/ a celebrity in her own right (or, at least, it doesn't look like she is).

I noticed in the overhead shot posted above that Queen Ann Marie sat with Pavlos and Marie Chantal. Behind them Queen Sofía, Benedikte, Nikolais, Phillipos and then Constantine Alexios and Achilles Andreas.

Does anyone know why Princess Alexia was not seated with her siblings behind her mother? Surely she should have a place of honor alongside her brothers rather than the sons of Pavlos?
I wonder if the men were the crown bearers. (Is koumbaro the right word?)

I wonder if the men were the crown bearers. (Is koumbaro the right word?)
Coumbaro is the word used for the person(s] who are the testimony of the marriage, a kind of legal witness. Since the christian orthodox wedding in Greece is fully legal in the same level as the civil one, the coumbaros sign also the marriage documents.
Now the crown.. in orthodox wedding we have a kind of thin flower white crowns (stefana) bound in two, each one goes to the head of groom and bride and they make 3 times a turn (holy trinity). This is done by the coumbaro as well as they help with the rings.

Now the golden crowns you see in the Greek royal weddings is a Russian habit brought in Greece by queen Olga. Nobody else in Greece does it except Russian people and the RF The crowns are held above the couple's head by the bearers but the bearers are not necessary coumbaroi

Back
Top Bottom