Princess Theodora of Greece and Matthew Kumar - 28 Sept. 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really love her dress! So pretty and elegant.
I wonder if the piece that wraps around the bodice is removable and the dress is strapless underneath?
That would be a genius design to go from church to reception !
Now that would make sense! I really disliked that bib piece. Even on a girl as tall as Theodora, it overwhelmed her.

I thought Queen Anne-Marie's dress was very pretty, too. It made me smile, though -- the pattern (not the style) reminded me of that meme a few years ago where people argued over whether the dress was blue and white or brown and gold.

The Dutch are not really close relatives of any of the other extant or recently deposed royal houses as there hasn’t been any intermarriage between them and the Oranges for quite some time.

However, Willem-Alexander, Maxima, and now Amalia are known to enjoy parties and social gatherings (sorry, I couldn't help), so they frequently show up even at minor foreign royal events.

I would be suprised either if they were not invited, knowing that the Greeks also like to ascertain their status among the other royal houses.

I've always had the impression that Queen Beatrix went out of her way to strengthen ties with the other royal houses. Even as a queen regnant, she attended everyone else's big events.

And what could be the reason for Prince Joachim and Princess Marie not attending Theodora's wedding?
The 10-hour flight from Washington to Athens could be one reason. That's not so easy to do for a weekend.

Really love her dress! So pretty and elegant.
I wonder if the piece that wraps around the bodice is removable and the dress is strapless underneath?
That would be a genius design to go from church to reception !
I believe yes. The upper bodice is removable for after church. When Theo was leaving the cathedral the upper bodice had started to slip down and bits of the sheath underneath were visible.
Tbh I would have liked the dress much better if the upper part had been designed differently.
But Theo looked very beautiful. And I LOVED the floating effect of the hemline and train when the bride was walking.

I believe yes. The upper bodice is removable for after church. When Theo was leaving the cathedral the upper bodice had started to slip down and bits of the sheath underneath were visible.
Tbh I would have liked the dress much better if the upper part had been designed differently.
But Theo looked very beautiful. And I LOVED the floating effect of the hemline and train when the bride was walking.
I noticed that the upper bodice had moved too.
She looked gorgeous and very happy and that's the most important thing!

I have noticed that Felipe doesn't prioritize foreign social gatherings unless it's perhaps a funeral.
Whether it's by preference or because he feels constrained by the possibility of criticism in the press in Spain he just doesn't seem to do "fun" Royal occasions abroad and neither does Letizia.🙁
I wonder if king Felipe has imposed himself such severe approach or it was a small "suggestion" made in the past by one of his prime ministers....

The moment of cutting the wedding cake:

I wonder if king Felipe has imposed himself such severe approach or it was a small "suggestion" made in the past by one of his prime ministers....
Or maybe he has decided not to go to any , that way everybody is treated the same. No enquiry as to why he has not attended.

The moment of cutting the wedding cake:
So she removed the tiara at some point

Or maybe he has decided not to go to any , that way everybody is treated the same. No enquiry as to why he has not attended.
But he has been to some when the took place in Madrid ,like the recent Lopez Quesada Wedding.

But he has been to some when the took place in Madrid ,like the recent Lopez Quesada Wedding.
Or possibly he decided not to travel out of the country for weddings, or if his mother was there he saw that as sufficient.
IMO the Royals of all countries have a different attitude towards invitations, I think we the observers become hung up on who is invited, who turns up, when we have absolutely no idea what is going on behind the scenes.
I also do not think they take offence like we appear to do on their behalf if somebody declines an invitation.
IMO we also need to take in to account which members of royal families across the world become genuine friends not just distantly connected by blood.
I would not necessarily be invited to weddings of my distant cousins , regardless of whether my late parents were at their parents weddings, simply because I very rarely see them.

The bride was his goddaughter, and King Felipe has attended the weddings of all his godchildren that were celebrated in Spain.

The bride was his goddaughter, and King Felipe has attended the weddings of all his godchildren that were celebrated in Spain.
And Theodora is his cousin. If me cousin would marry if would attened in every case if i'm invited which i'm sure King Felipe was.

Back
Top Bottom