Meet Ella: The Dog Who Saved My Life by James Middleton

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HRHHermione

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Boston
Country
United States
I have been reading James Middleton’s new book, which is primarily about his life with his dog, Ella, but which has some fascinating details about the wedding of the Prince and Princess of Wales.

So far, I’ve quite liked reading about how hard James had to practice to give his reading at their wedding because of his dyslexia and how frightened he was. He made a heroic effort to get it right, and Ella was with him in Westminster Abbey for the rehearsal and at the Goring Hotel with him and the family for the duration of the wedding, which is very sweet. I thought I’d make a post for others reading it and to share more details like this as they come up.

I have a soft spot for James Middleton who comes across as so vulnerable imo. And despite his trepidation he read clearly and beautifully in Westminster Abbey. I remember a lot of people online were very impressed.

Please do post excerpts/insights from the book if you are so inclined...I would love to read them.😉

I am always rooting for James.

Last edited:
Oh, this is nice too- apparently the late Queen hosted a birthday party for Catherine at Sandringham and allowed James to bring Ella, and was very kind to her- which makes sense given her noted love of dogs. Ella seems to have made herself at home at quite a few royal residences including Highgrove.

So far, I’m really appreciating the tone of this. It manages to tell James’s story without infringing on anyone else’s privacy by sharing things they wouldn’t want shared.

Back
Top Bottom