General News for Charles III and Queen Camilla Part 2, February 2024-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed. The late Queen came to Manchester very soon after the 2017 Arena bombing, and it was much appreciated.

[.....]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he should be reminding people we are a tolerant country who accepts people of all faiths, backgrounds and beliefs and that are differences are what make us stronger - highlighting the community response after Southport and the clean up operation there. He doesn't need to go full left wing.

I'm also not sure how much the PM can stop the RF making a visit - remember when a day after Downing Street said Theresa May couldn't visit Grenfell after the awful fire there QE2 and William made a visit. Charles would I imagine only need permission from the police - even then it would be a "we think its too risky but on head be it" and only need permission from the PM to make a televised national address. He could make a more informal statement as he sees fit.

Last edited:
I think Charles should definitely do something more in recognition of the awful events in Southport.

The riots are a more tricky issue indeed as they are by their nature more "political" but for the majority of people its not the protests - people can protest whatever they want whether people agree with them or not- but the people who use those protests as an excuse to start mindless violence that they have an issue with.

Charles could learn from his mother and say a lot without saying much- focus solely on the communities affected and how they came together after the violent attacks in their various cities and towns to clean up after. Even better, don't give the thugs air time, focus only on the communities coming together.

I hate that we seemingly now live in a society where the idea of commending mindless violence is seen as too controversial or political. Violence is violence and never right.

I think Charles should definitely do something more in recognition of the awful events in Southport.

The riots are a more tricky issue indeed as they are by their nature more "political" but for the majority of people its not the protests - people can protest whatever they want whether people agree with them or not- but the people who use those protests as an excuse to start mindless violence that they have an issue with.

Charles could learn from his mother and say a lot without saying much- focus solely on the communities affected and how they came together after the violent attacks in their various cities and towns to clean up after. Even better, don't give the thugs air time, focus only on the communities coming together.

I hate that we seemingly now live in a society where the idea of commending mindless violence is seen as too controversial or political. Violence is violence and never right.

1000% agree. The late Queen would look beyond the political divide and would appeal to hearts of British people.

1000% agree. The late Queen would look beyond the political divide and would appeal to hearts of British people.
The LQ was very aware of her constitutional role. as is Charles. Just because the king has not as yet issued a statement or made a speech does not mean he is ignoring the situation.
I would bet my last pound that he is working away in the background.

The LQ was very aware of her constitutional role. as is Charles. Just because the king has not as yet issued a statement or made a speech does not mean he is ignoring the situation.
I would bet my last pound that he is working away in the background.
I would rather there was a recall of parliament.

That said I have no doubt The King would do his best to defuse tensions. I think he's an even better communicator that his mother. But it would be no easy task to ameliorate everyone.

I would rather there was a recall of parliament.

That said I have no doubt The King would do his best to defuse tensions. I think he's an even better communicator that his mother. But it would be no easy task to ameliorate everyone.
I would agree on the recall of parliament.

I just do not think this is time for the monarch to act. The King cannot and should not get involved at this stage. The situation remains tense. The government of the day is working to get things under control. Once things have settled down, the King and Queen can visit.

Well I would admit that The King certainly couldn't do any worse than the prime minister. Starmer seems intent on just making things worse. Two tier policing? Not according to him there isn't.

Maybe this would be a good time for The Kng to exercise his constitutional right to encourage and to warn.

To warn the prime minister to stop inflaming the situation & to encourage him to talk to the British people more like a leader & less like a prosecution lawyer.
Any encouragement or warning the PM by the monarch will be going on in private. We are unlikely to be privy to those communications.

I'm not sure why we are getting so political. Charles shouldn't be stopped from doing anything just because it might make the current PM look bad - and the precedent is that doesn't happen as the example of the late Queen visiting Grenfell when PM Theresa May said she wouldn't as it wasn't safe enough.

Again, there are two huge issues here. Charles may well not want to get involved in rioting and the issues around that. Personally I do think a visit to a community affected by the rioting would make a good neutral statement that community spirit and non violence is always the better way but I can see that might be misinterpreted one way other the other.

Either way though - the rioting shouldn't be used as an excuse not to have done more around the initial horrendous murders & attack in Southport IMO. Fair enough a visit there may have been too charged and risky but a discreet visit to Alder Hey or something similar would have been possible IMO. Maybe it will turn out that happened in private (full credit if so) but if not I feel safe in saying it was a misstep.

But its happened - thankfully all those who were being treated there have now been discharged.

So, what is next for Charles? I guess the formal arrival at Balmoral is next? The castle closes on Sunday so I expect Charles is maybe at Birkhall ready for the big summer holiday.

A number of posts have been deleted because they were off topic for the thread and/or overtly political in nature. Please confine discussion here to general news about King Charles and Queen Camilla.

The Queen hasn't been seen for some time, the King has been seen in Scotland on his own. I presume she is on a private holiday with her family.

I suspect she is holidaying with her family - her grandchildren will be off school now. I guess she and Charles split the holiday - we know they'll be in Balmoral soon with W&C and the RF, so it would make sense for Camilla to spend mid July to Aug with her family and grandkids before joining in with the RF at Balmoral.

I suspect she is holidaying with her family - her grandchildren will be off school now. I guess she and Charles split the holiday - we know they'll be in Balmoral soon with W&C and the RF, so it would make sense for Camilla to spend mid July to Aug with her family and grandkids before joining in with the RF at Balmoral.
I agree. I suspect the Queen will be spending a fortnight with her family somewhere sunny, before going up to Birkhall.

Have ever Thomas, Laura and their children visited the Queen and the Royal Family in Balmoral?

I would be amazed if they haven’t been to Birkhall at some point, but the main castle itself I’m not sure (probably as its quite new that its now really C&Cs own home to on ite whomever they want to)

I agree. I suspect the Queen will be spending a fortnight with her family somewhere sunny, before going up to Birkhall.
They attended church service together on 11 Aug. The Queen probably stayed with her family for about 10 days.

m not sure (probably as its quite new tha
I would be amazed if they haven’t been to Birkhall at some point, but the main castle itself I’m not sure (probably as its quite new that its now really C&Cs own home to on ite whomever they want to)
I have no doubt the PB side of the family has been up to Birkhall many times over the years. Not quire sure if they have spent much time at Balmoral Castle though.

That’s less than 3 miles from Birkhall, so I guess that answers the earlier question: her family is most likely staying at Birkhall.

Back
Top Bottom