Coronation of the Emperors of Austria-Hungary

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blog Real

Imperial Majesty
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
Emperors of Austria were never crowned (unlike their predecessors in the Holy Roman Empire), as a coronation was not viewed as being necessary to legitimize their rule in that country.
However, they were crowned in some of the kingdoms within the Austrian Empire. Ferdinand I was crowned as King of Hungary with the Crown of Saint Stephen in 1830, as King of Bohemia with the Crown of Saint Wenceslas in 1836, and as King of Lombardy and Venetia with the Iron Crown of Lombardy in 1838.
After the Austro-Hungarian Compromise of 1867, the Emperors of Austria were only crowned as King of Hungary (again with the Crown of Saint Stephen): Franz-Joseph I in 1867 and Charles I (as Charles IV of Hungary) in 1916.
Source: Coronations in Europe - Wikipedia

Videos:

Coronation of Franz I of Austria in 1836 in Prague.
Eduard_Gurk_001.jpg

Franz Joseph's coronation as Apostolic King of Hungary.
Ferenc_J%C3%B3zsef_koron%C3%A1z%C3%A1sa_Bud%C3%A1n.jpg

Emperor Karl I taking his coronation oath at Holy Trinity Column outside Matthias Church, Budapest, 30 December 1916.
Karloath.jpg

Portrait of the recently crowned Emperor Karl I (King Charles IV of Hungary) and Queen Zita with their son Otto.
Karlfamily.jpg

I saw the Emperor 's Crown at the Parlaiment of Budapest. Since when is the little cross not straight ?

Back
Top Bottom