British Royal Family Current Events 11: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes that sounds plausible that he may attend something if his health of the day allows for it, but that another member of the RF is announced as the main guest, so there will be little difference and still a royal presence if the Duke of Kent would have to cancel for health reasons

I've seen a lot of speculation George will have "a role" so I think it is certainly a possibility.

I've also seen a lot of reports Charles won't be attending, he is at the D-Day commemorations the day before so it might well be a bit much for him to do both - though Charles is his godfather so who knows.

I wonder if we'll see any other royals in attendance.

Is George not getting a bit old to be a page boy? Perhaps Louis will be one.

George is the Duke's godson, Louis is not.

Doesn't mean it won't happen but that is why many are speculating George will get a role.

I didn't think there was an age limit for page boys. My niece is planning on having her 14 year old cousins as her page boys.

Here's the itinerary for the 80th anniversary of the D Day Invasion. The British Royal Family will be undertaking events in the UK and in France. Nearly all of the working royals will be present at events with the exception of the Princess of Wales, the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra of Kent.

Interesting that the King & Queen will attend the smaller event at the British cemetery, and not the larger event at Omaha Beach, where the other world leaders will be present. I presume this is because of the ongoing cancer treatment that HM is undergoing, and wanting to avoid very large crowds.

How lovely of William to be out with his cousins! Great to bring a younger generation into the garden parties!

I've seen Beatrice and Eugenie at garden parties before, but never Zara (and Mike) and Peter. I think it's wonderful they were there supporting William. And really the three girls added fantastic glamour (and relative youthfulness) to the occasion.

They made sure to picture the prince of Wales and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester as the official hosts - but of course, the other members of the royal family in practice were 'co-hosting' as well by talking to the various guests.

Yes, it was very neatly done- nice to see all (or nearly all) the cousins together for this and it definitely brought an element of "youth" back to the RF. But also well done to centre on William and the Gloucesters as the "working royals" for the most formal / ceremonial bits.
As far as I can tell this is Zara, Mike and Peter's first garden party besides the parties in the Palace gardens for jubilees etc. I wonder if we will see them all again at the Japanese State banquet maybe.

Well these garden parties are huge. It’s a big deal to be invited. You want lots of royals to be able to mingle and chat.

In other news though seeing as Bea and Eug were not there last year I felt Charles was cutting back but obviously he has been forced into realising that his slimmed down bit is threadbare and he does need he.p at these things.

Going forward William will need support until his children are of an age.

Back
Top Bottom