Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My guesses:
Camilla: Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik, Vladimir Tiara or Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara
Kate (if attends, even battling cancer and debuting her CH insignia): Princess Margaret's Sapphire Bandeau or Strathmore Rose
Anne: her Festoon Tiara, Aquamarine Pineflower or her Meander Bandeau (yes, that worn by Zara on her wedding day!)
Sophie: her Aquamarine Necklace Tiara or her wedding Tiara
Birgitte (debuting her Garter sash): Gloucester Honeysuckle Tiara, Princess Alice Emerald Bandeau or Cartier Indian Tiara
And I almost forgot Masako! She should wear the Meiji Tiara as usual, but I really wanna see her wearing either the Chrysanthemum or Honeysuckle Tiaras!!

I wish one of the Swedes would wear the Cameo tiara. It’s beautiful but not worn much.
I don’t want to wait until Estelle gets married to see it (just believe it’ll be her wedding tiara like her mum and Grandmum)
I do hope Queen Silvia wears it again sometime soon. She wore it in the not too distant past (I think when the Spanish visited), and it looked great.

Here are my guesses for the SV from Japan to the U.K. in June:

Camilla: Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik tiara
Masako: Imperial Chrysanthemum tiara
Kate (if she attends): Lovers Knot tiara
Anne: Festoon tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
Birgitte: Cartier Indian tiara

I do hope Queen Silvia wears it again sometime soon. She wore it in the not too distant past (I think when the Spanish visited), and it looked great.
Queen Silvia just wore that tiara in January of this year for the French State Visit. It hasn't been in the vault for too long.

And I almost forgot Masako! She should wear the Meiji Tiara as usual, but I really wanna see her wearing either the Chrysanthemum or Honeysuckle Tiaras!!
Empress Masako, I believe, will wear the Meiji Tiara for the gala dinner, as it is her biggest and the one that packs the bling. Queen Camilla would wear the Meiji European twins with the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara. I hope The Princess of Wales will be healthy enough to attend, I believe she will be predictable and wear the Lovers Knot Tiara with the festoon necklace and the Greville girandole. The Princess Royal should wear the Meanders Bandeau and the Duchess of Edinburgh hopefully will sport a new tiara (from the vault!). Meanwhile, the Duchess of Gloucester hopefully will wear the Princess Marie-Louise Cartier Indian Tiara.

If there will be a banquet at the Guildhall, I do expect Empress Masako to debut the Chrysanthemum Tiara. For the British Royal that accompanies her, if it is the Princess Royal then she should wear her Festoon Tiara. If it is the Duchess of Gloucester, she should wear her Honeysucke Tiara with the Pink Topaz setting.

I'd love to see two different tiaras on Empress Masako, but my gut feeling tells me, that she will debut the other two tiaras at some point at home, in Tokyo.

My preferred tiara for Queen Camilla would be the Oriental circlet. But again I doubt we'll see it just yet. I guess that Camilla will repeat the Burmese ruby tiara before bringing another ruby tiara into the game.

I'd love to see two different tiaras on Empress Masako, but my gut feeling tells me, that she will debut the other two tiaras at some point at home, in Tokyo.

My preferred tiara for Queen Camilla would be the Oriental circlet. But again I doubt we'll see it just yet. I guess that Camilla will repeat the Burmese ruby tiara before bringing another ruby tiara into the game.
Whilst the Oriental Circlet would be lovely, I am hoping to see either the Grand Duchess Vladimir (with pearls, and paired with the Queen Victoria pearl and diamond necklace) or the Queen Alexandra Kokoshnik tiaras getting used.

The Oriental Circlet would love great on Queen Camilla, and will probably get paired with the Crown Rubiues necklace, which she previously wore last year.

Danish State Visit to Sweden: May 6 - 7, 2024:

Silvia:
Braganza tiara with King Edward VII Ruby Tiara as a necklace;
Mary: Danish Ruby Parure Tiara;
Christina: Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara or the the Connaught Tiara;
Victoria: The Connaught Tiara with King Edward VII Ruby Tiara as a necklace (if it is not a Queen Only Jewel) or the Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara.
Sofia: Wedding tiara with ruby or some other red jewel topper or Princess Lilian's Tiara (loan from Victoria).

I wish someone would wear any of the following:
Princess Lilian's Tiara as a necklace if that is still doable;
Queen Josefina’s Diamond Stomacher Necklace;
The Cameo Parure brooch or other jewels from that parure, not necessarily the tiara;
Bernadotte Ruby Brooch;
Jewels from the Danish Royal Property Trust.

Last edited:
Danish State Visit to Sweden: May 6 - 7, 2024:

Silvia:
Braganza tiara with King Edward VII Ruby Tiara as a necklace;

Victoria: The Connaught Tiara with King Edward VII Ruby Tiara as a necklace (if it is not a Queen Only Jewel) or the Aquamarine Tiara.
Would be nice to see the Edward ruby as necklace! I think the Connaught and the ruby will be a lovely match which they'd kind of look like a mirrored parure.

I know it's more likely that Mary will wear the Ruby Parure, as it came from Sweden originally, but I'd love it if for her first state visit as queen, she pulled out either the Pearl Poire parure or another set of pieces that can leave Denmark.

I know it's more likely that Mary will wear the Ruby Parure, as it came from Sweden originally, but I'd love it if for her first state visit as queen, she pulled out either the Pearl Poire parure or another set of pieces that can leave Denmark.
IMO I think she will wear the Pearl Poire. I believe that both Queen Ingrid and QMII wore it for their first state visit to Sweden after becoming Queens. So it would be fitting for Queen Mary to follow in that. I also hope to maybe see some pieces from the Trust that maybe have not been worn for a while.

IMO I think she will wear the Pearl Poire. I believe that both Queen Ingrid and QMII wore it for their first state visit to Sweden after becoming Queens. So it would be fitting for Queen Mary to follow in that. I also hope to maybe see some pieces from the Trust that maybe have not been worn for a while.
I also hope for the married pearl Parure tomorrow and then the rubies in Norway as they would match the norwegian sash.
As for following her mother.in-law she didn't do it with the Jewels for her first official pics as Queen as Margrethe wore the pearl Set for her first official pics following her accession.

I don't have a problem with the Pearl Poire but Margrethe wore the Pearl Poire in Sweden for CG's recent Jubilee. I think that the last time the Danish Ruby Tiara was work in Sweden was for Victoria's wedding.

My guesses:
Queen Mary - Pearl Poire tiara
Queen Silvia - the Leuchtenberg or the nine pronger
Princess Victoria - Princess Lillian’s tiara or the Baden fringe
Princess Sofia - her wedding tiara (no new stones)
Princess Christina - the aquamarine kokoshnik or the Connaught tiara

My guess’ for Stockholm tomorrow

Queen Silvia : Braganza Tiara (she wore it during QMII’s state visit to Stockholm in 1985 and even took it to Denmark for the state visit in 2007, so anything else would be a surprise)

Queen Mary : Poire Pearl Parure

Crown Princess Victoria : Connaught Diamond Tiara

Princess Sofia : Wedding Tiara with pearl spikes

Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson : Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara

I think that we will see Queen Mary with the pearl tiara tonight, and hopefully with the matching necklace as well. At this very important first State Visit the new Queen should wear one of the 'queen tiaras', so to speak. And the pearls are more important, historic and prestigious than the floral tiara, additionally it has a partly Swedish history.

Queen Silvia should bring out the Braganza tiara. She's worn it for the Dutch State Visit, and I expect that she will pay the same courtesy at this Danish State Visit.
My guess for Victoria and Christina are the Connaught tiara and the aquamarine kokoshnik, as both tiaras used to belong to their shared ancestor CP Margret.
And as for Sofia: I've given up to hope for something other than her wedding tiara.

Queen Silvia wore the Leuchtenberg Sapphires… That was a surprise to me even though it pops up from time to time at state visits…. But the Braganza Tiara is heavy and our lovely Queen is getting old so i can’t
blame her if she wants to stick to comfortable pieces…

Queen Mary with the Ruby Parure felt a bit underwhelming after all the hype about the possibility of her debuting the Pearl Tiara…
But as it was Queen Ingrid’s signature piece all the way until she died, i guess it’s not really a surprise

Connaught Tiara for Victoria, Wedding Tiara for Sofia, and 4-button Tiara for Christina was no surprises

My guess’ for Oslo next week:

Queen Sonja: Emerald Parure
Crown Princess Mette-Marit: Queen Maud Diamond Tiara
Princess Ingrid-Alexandra (if attends): Boucheron Pearl Circle
Princess Märtha-Louise (if attends): her 18th birthday tiara
Queen Mary: Pearl Poiré Parure

My guesses for the SV from Sweden to Norway this month:

Sonja: Emerald Parure tiara
Mary: Pearl Poire tiara
Mette Marit: Diamond Daisy tiara
Ingrid (if she attends): Pearl Circle tiara
Martha Louse (if she attends): Amethyst tiara
Astrid: Vasa tiara

Do we think Mary will wear her wedding earrings to the dinner? It's her and Frederik's 20th anniversary, and I think that would be sweet. They'd also go with the Pearl Poire tiara and necklace, should she choose to wear them.

Queen Sonja: Leuchtenberg emerald Parure
Crown Princess Mette-Marit: Diamond daisy and CP Märtha's diamond silver wedding earrings
Princess Ingrid-Alexandra (if attends): Pearl Circle tiara
Princess Astrid: Queen Alexandra's turquoise crown and Queen Louise of Denmark's turquoise necklace
Queen Mary: Wedding tiara and wedding earrings

Since it is the Danish royal couple's 20th anniversary, I will have a worst case scenario guess this time about Mary's choice.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit: Diamond daisy and CP Märtha's diamond silver wedding earrings
Princess Astrid: Queen Alexandra's turquoise crown and Queen Louise of Denmark's turquoise necklace

Since it is the Danish royal couple's 20th anniversary, I will have a worst case scenario guess this time about Mary's choice.
I agree with all your choices, other than Queen Mary. I think we will see Mary in the Pearl Poire married parure.

I hope that Queen Sonja brings out the big diamond tiara as it comes from Denmark, unlike the emeralds. But then the emeralds are her biggest and most favoured gun so it will most likely be them
For MM it would be nice to see the small setting of the pearl tiara or the Vifte tiaras as both come from Queen Maud
For Queen Mary i certainly hope for either the pearl poiree or the floral aigrette. Her Wedding tiara would be the disappointment of the year.

Last edited:
It will be very interesting to see the tiara choices in Oslo next week and I'm expecting the very best from both sides.

Absolutly that would be very cute 🤪🙃if they rewore the same jewellery, and if they are beeing extra cute they have recyceled some dresses from that event as well….that would be very Sonja…but atleast her red gown is in the museum.

I hope that Queen Sonja brings out the big diamond tiara as it comes from Denmark, unlike the emeralds. But then the emeralds are her biggest and most favoured gun so it will most likely be them
For MM it would be nice to see the small setting of the pearl tiara or the Vifte tiaras as both come from Queen Maud
For Queen Mary i certainly hope for either the pearl poiree or the floral aigrette. Her Wedding tiara would be the disappointment of the year.
I would be very happy to see Sonja in the large diamond tiara, but she does not seem to wear it much.

Back
Top Bottom