Security of the Spanish Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The news media do not usually show us the security people and I presume it must be fairly onerous for the royals to be so heavily guarded all the time. The security would be a negative of the job.

I don't think it's a problem to know what equipment the Spanish security services have.
The Spanish royal family has a lot of security, well-prepared people who protect them.

In comparison, even the costs of the intelligence- and security services used for royals, ministers, diplomats, etc. are not specified in the Dutch State Budget because already detailed finances would be "information for potential terrorists". Of course anyone will know that the Spanish royal family is excellently prepared but that the security has three off-road motorbikes (and not five, or nine, or twelve) is quite operational information for any potential idiot.

Last edited:
In comparison, even the costs of the intelligence- and security services used for royals, ministers, diplomats, etc. are not specified in the Dutch State Budget because already detailed finances would be "information for potential terrorists". Of course anyone will know that the Spanish royal family is excellently prepared but that the security has three off-road motorbikes (and not five, or nine, or twelve) is quite operational information for any potential idiot.

I also think that these details should not be disclosed.
The information was released by the royal house, presumably to show transparency.

Last edited:
It makes sense for him to loose his security now he is no longer officially related to the Spanish royal family. His children don't have security either, so it's unlikely that he is at higher risk than they are - it also puts an end to any discussion about his preference for young female security officers and their behaviors (more like friends than as security officers).

Back
Top Bottom