Royal Weddings in 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardinha

Aristocracy
City
Somewhere over the rainbow
Country
Switzerland
I read in Point de Vue that Alexandre de Sambucy de Sorgue, son of Princess Chantal de France, will marry Anne-Cécile Berteau in Summer 2006. :)

Spring: Prince Aimone of Savoy and Princess Olga of Greece in Turin, Italy
May: Duke Michael von Württemberg and Julia Storz
July 8: Alexandre de Sambucy de Sorgue and Anne-Cecile Berteau at Arles
July 22: Freiherr Georg von und zu Massenbach and Countess Isabelle von Waldburg zu Wolfegg und Waldsee

Well Prince Hashem has just got married, I expect they'll have a large celebration later on in the year.

bigheadshirmp said:
Countess Elisabeth Marie Hedwige Ghislaine d'Udekem d'Acoz (Crown Princess Mathilde's younger sister) got engaged on January 17, 2006 to Alfonso Pallavicini.
No disrespect intended, but it's akin to a Belgian version of the Miller sisters! :)

I was thinking that as well, especially when she was still dating Chares-Phillipe d'Orleans, duke of Anjou. The Belgian nobility is known for still marrying among themselves most of the times.

She was a 'jonkvrouw', which is one step lower then a baroness. Her mother is a polish Countess and her maternal grandmother was a Princess Sapieha (also polish nobility). The King elevated Mathilde's family from jonkheer/jonkvrouw to Counts and Countesses upn Mathilde's marriage.

Marengo said:
The King elevated Mathilde's family from jonkheer/jonkvrouw to Counts and Countesses upon Mathilde's marriage.
And they're not looking back! Pallavicini is a grand name for a grand family.

This information courtesy of Jeannick at the BRMB:

Alfonso, Marchese Pallavicini was born at Treviso on July 5th, 1964 as the first son and first child of the late Marchese Carlo Alessandro (1923-2004) and Avagora, née Contessa degli Azzoni Avagadro (1926-). His has one brother, Marchese Edoardo (1965-).
His uncle, Marchese Federico married in 1961 Duchess Helene of Württemberg, elder sister of the actual Head of the Royal House of Württemberg, Duke Carl.

With grand connections too! :)

Last edited:
Oh, there was an interesting article about Avagora Avogadro Pallavicini in a past issue of Point de Vue, but no mention of the affair between her son and Mathilde's sister...

Warren said:
No disrespect intended, but it's akin to a Belgian version of the Miller sisters! :)

And this will likely be an occasion to see little Elisabeth as a bridesmaid! I'm really looking forward to this wedding.

Eliza

August 26: Max Soltmann and Princess Xenia zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg.

2006: Archduke Philipp of Austria and Mayasuni Heath

THIS IS THE ONE I AM LOOKING FORWARD TOO!! :)

I am really hoping for a glamorous and royal filled wedding here...

Lady Marmalade said:
Still no details. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom