Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News 5: Sep 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Genetics are so funny, because I think HRH Princess Charlotte of Wales looks more like how HRH The Prince of Wales looks now than she does him around the same age.

I hope she's having a great birthday.

They're children. There's time for official, ceremonial pictures to be taken of them. Now is not that time. I'm not sure what you're looking for that you're not getting.
I'm not talking about ceremonial photos but there are alternatives to just releasing close ups of their faces year in year out. It would be nice to see a picture of them doing something that reflected their interests and personalities.
The children's birthday portraits are so nondescript, each one is practically a carbon copy of the one from the year before. When I saw Chrlotte's one from last year yesterday I thought it might be thd new one. I wasn't far off as it turned out

That's probably because their mother, the photographer of most of their birthday pics, has not a wide range. She's able to do decent portraits but that may be it. So that's what we get, portraits.

That's probably because their mother, the photographer of most of their birthday pics, has not a wide range. She's able to do decent portraits but that may be it. So that's what we get, portraits.
It would just be nice to see something, anything, than a close up facial shot. PC likes ballet so why not, for example, take a nice picture of her dancing. I do feel it's because they want the public to see as little of the children as they can possibly get away with.

I do feel it's because they want the public to see as little of the children as they can possibly get away with.

...and your point is? Those are their children. Not yours, not mine, not anyone else's. We see as much of them as William and Catherine want us to see, and we know as much about them as they want us to know. That's it, that's all.

I do feel it's because they want the public to see as little of the children as they can possibly get away with.
Well I personally don’t have a problem with that. All three children are still very young. We do occasionally get pics of the whole family - usually outdoor shots, and footage when they participate in charity events. That seems to be a fair amount of exposure at this stage.

I think you're 100% correct about this, and I'm 100% okay with it.

We unfortunately live in a world where everything is harshly scrutinized, and children, especially those born of wealth and/or privilege, are not spared. We've already seen both TRH Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis of Wales be criticized for acting like their age rather than perfect, storybook children.

I wouldn't be surprised if TRH The Prince and Princess of Wales would rather never show their children until they were old enough to navigate the world on their own...but the relative privacy they enough comes with promised minimal access to their family. So every birthday they provide cute, cookie-cutter pictures of their kids that their supporters can adore while protecting them from all the crazies who would come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories with a more descript picture ("Charlotte's doing ballet? So her parents are forcing her to do girl activities?" for example).

At the end of day, it's a beautiful photograph of our wonderful young Princess! That, in theory, should be all that needs to be said.

I’ve thought about how difficult it must be to balance public interest and privacy, particularly in the face of battling a serious illness and the knowledge that for some people you can’t do anything right and it will be used against you, a small but vocal minority who will use any opportunity to attack you unfairly (and should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves IMO) especially when you can’t publicly defend yourself against the lies and venom. Fortunately, most people have a genuine and benevolent interest in the Wales family, and like myself will simply appreciate the photo for what it is.

My view: in these troubled times we need as much of the positive as we can get our hands on, and for me, the photo of Princess Charlotte is a welcome positive! All being well, I can't wait to see Princess Charlotte blossom into the beautiful, intelligent and - most important of all - kind, hard working and loyal adult I am sure she will become. Sharing these photos is a lovely way to enjoy her progress and the vast majority of people appreciate her parents’ efforts to include them on the journey. I for one am grateful.

Meanwhile, I hope the nine year old Princess Charlotte had an awesome birthday, got some splendid presents and had a very large piece of birthday cake 🎂 and the family had a lovely day celebrating! They thoroughly deserve it!

It would just be nice to see something, anything, than a close up facial shot. PC likes ballet so why not, for example, take a nice picture of her dancing. I do feel it's because they want the public to see as little of the children as they can possibly get away with.
William experienced cameras everywhere when he was growing up, it is quite clear he does not want that for his own children. Having said that he respects the role he and his family have and the expectations placed on them. I think as a couple Catherine and William are doing ok. As much privacy for the children as possible, slowly bringing them out at family occasions etc.

William experienced cameras everywhere when he was growing up, it is quite clear he does not want that for his own children. Having said that he respects the role he and his family have and the expectations placed on them. I think as a couple Catherine and William are doing ok. As much privacy for the children as possible, slowly bringing them out at family occasions etc.
A big part of William’s media exposure as a child was either paparazzi pics for tabloids or photos taken with the at least implicit agreement of one or the other of his parents in their efforts outdo each other’s bids for public sympathy.

The current Wales children are being brought up in a different media and family environment. If you take away the above I actually don’t think we would have seen William and Harry any more than we do George, Charlotte and Louis. And certainly we see the Wales children today as much as children from other royal families (and more than some).

I think William recognizes he and his brother were abnormally over exposed as children, for various unhealthy reasons, and has simply reverted to a more normal pattern of media exposure for his own children.

Back
Top Bottom