Felipe Froilán & Victoria Federica de Marichalar News & Events 3 : May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interview with King Felipe's niece, Victoria de Marichalar, who is the 5th in line to the Spanish Throne. To read it just right click and translate it to English if your browser supports auto-translate. I could not find in El Pais a section you can see the transcript of the 49 min interview to translate.

I'm not sure but I believe this is the first time a member of the inner circle of the royal family does a personal interview podcast. My last recollection was when Queen Sofia, years ago, was interviewed for a book about her and her interviewer set her up for trouble. I remember the reporter asked an off the interview comment about the traffic to the studio during a LGBT parade outside and made the Queen look against the groups when she meant the traffic. With these interviewers you never know what to get.

Enjoy:

The daughter of Infanta Elena and Jaime de Marichalar (Victoria de Marichalar, Grande de Espana) opens up on Vicky Martín Berrocal's podcast, her first audiovisual interview, about family, fame and faith. "More than a title, I've inherited values,"

I forgot to place the link to the article yesterday and I can't edit it out. Here's the link:
Victoria de Marichalar: “Prefiero que me critiquen a mí que a alguien de mi familia”

Re video interview, it was nothing out of the ordinary. From start to end it was extremely boring and the host was in a non-stop quest to make Victoria like her by praising her. Read, kissing up to her. I assume, if my instinct is correct, she just wanted to have Victoria feel in a 'safe space' to be part of her circle after the interview.

You know, the stranger that wants to know all your business and makes you take your number in case you need someone to talk to type of person.

I can tell that trick a mile away. Most of the interview was avoiding any real and royal questions, at least in front of the camera. No questions on what it is for her to be 5th in line to the throne, the legacy of being part of a family that started over one thousand years ago when Asturias started the Reconquista. As in it was her direct ancestor who did this. And no questions on how she views and support the new king, her uncle, or about her first cousin the princess of Asturias and her military career.

It was all nonsense kissing up and at times I thought Victoria was like talking to a receptionist at the dentist office while waiting to be called. This interviewer, Vicky Martin, was extremely mediocre and almost fan-girling on having both a member of the royal family and now, a fashion celebrity royal turned to model. From body language videos I see in You Tube when the person (Vicky Martin) mimics the gestures of the guest is just for show and desperation to be liked by the guest, in this case Victoria.

Back
Top Bottom